return ipod touch now or return later

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by odog402, Aug 23, 2008.

1. odog402 macrumors member

So I got this unopened 8gb ipod touch I got with my macbook pro during the B2S sale. I've decided against selling it on ebay and just keeping it. I bought my mac 2 months so I wasn't sure if I was still covered under the return policy so I asked the lady at the store if it was possible to exchange my 8gb plus the difference for a 16gb and she said it was okay.

I was wondering if it was possible to wait until the touch refresh and exchange it for that one?

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

No matter when you exchange your iPod you will only get the same revision model. That is, unless this store you're dealing with has some strange policy. I'm talking about dealing with Apple and/or the Apple Store. You mentioned that you bought yours during the Back 2 School sale so I assume it was an Apple store. I highly doubt any other store would exchange your iPod for a newer revision either.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you try to return it, you'll forfeit your rebate. I can't walk in and try to exchange an unopened 4 year old iPod mini and expect to walk out with a 3G nano, can I?