Return Keep or exchange

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by noodle15, Sep 15, 2015.

1. noodle15 macrumors newbie

Bought a 42mm sport love the feel and think it's pretty cool, but only have 2 days left to return or exchange. Have been thinking about the SS model but it is pricey. The sport seems to do the job and almost goes with SS accessories. What's everyone's thoughts? Is the sport good for now, is it more durable?
    Didn't try the SS on yet but heard its heavier. What about screens?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

No doubt the SS is more durable. It also weighs more. If you scratch the case you can polish it out. The SS face is more scratch resistant.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

It is totally a style and personal preference decision. I prefer the lighter weight of the sport and I wanted a black watch (and was not willing to spend $1,100 for the SS black). If you like the shine and the silver, they go for the SS. The sapphire crystal was not significant to me, so it was not a differentiator. I have a dozen bands, and they all look cool with the black sport.

4. noodle15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah. Just feel the SS is a little more fancier but the Sport feels great. Would hate to miss the chance to get out.. Also what do we think longevity of the battery is years??
    I like the black but i wear a ton of brown. I have a nice classy watch and have yet to wear it since i put the apple watch on my wrist.

5. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Battery life is a pure guess. That said, my experience with an iPhone is that I start to see battery degrade at around 18 months and it progresses after that. I plan to sell my watch and upgrade with every future release, so battery life will not be an issue for me.

6. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I think the question of Stainless Steel or Sport is one of the most vexing questions in considering which watch to buy.

7. noodle15 thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree on model purchase. Do you want a sport thats light with great screen or SS with a little more class and weight? So where does the trade off subside. I guess if I stay with the watch period I hope the software update gets it working faster.

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

ss all the way. Sport feels cheap and like a toy.

9. HOODFIELD macrumors newbie

Just the fact you felt the need to post means you already regret your Sport. Now how many post do you see of people returning a SS for a Sport?

10. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I just bought a space gray sport on Saturday. I like the watch but I don't feel like I can really dress the watch up. I'm going in later today to exchange it for a SS watch. I'll have to spend $220 more but I can dress the watch down with a sport band or dress it up with a leather/metal band.

11. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

SS

It provides the most flexibility in terms of bands looking nicer IMO and especially depending on what you wear from day to day which was a big impact in my decision as I am in a suit everyday and the SS looks MUCH better.

12. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

I have the space gray and wear a suit every day. I bought a nice black link band to match it to dress it up on a day to day basis but then also bought a really nice leather band for blue suits that dresses it up. I get compliments all the time about it.

13. jaymc macrumors regular

jaymc

SS Black now available with a black sports band here.

14. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

No kidding. That is freaking awesome. If I were buying my watch today, that is probably what I would get. That will be on my next release shopping list.

OK... I may have to rescind a portion of my prior comment. Before deciding between the SS and the Space Gray, I would need to do another try-on to see the Space Black in person again and re-evaluate the significance of the weight difference.

15. vmdc macrumors regular

vmdc

I purchased a Black Sports yesterday. I loved the watch and the weight, but I couldn't stop admiring the SS. So I went back today and exchanged it for a Silver SS and picked up a leather band along with it. It was a little more, but I like the look a lot better than the sport. The SS doesn't feel that much heavier to me.