Return laptop within 14days

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sioannou, Apr 2, 2015.

1. sioannou macrumors member

sioannou

Hello folks,

Just a quick question for you as I'm not really familiar with the procedure. So I bought a 2015 13" MBP 128GB but it seems that 128GB will not suffice my needs. So I'm thinking to return it and go for the 256GB.

I know that this shouldn't be a problem as I am within the 14 days return period but my question is, do I get the new laptop instantly when I visit the store or do I have to wait for the money to be credited to my card and then re buy another one?

I live in NY if that matters.

Thanks.

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Depends on the store, but when I did that back in 2012, they returned the system for a gift card, and then just used that gift card to put towards the new system, and I paid the difference in cost between the two.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing something similar in your case.

3. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

I don't know why they wouldn't do it like any other store and just do it as an exchange and just charge you the difference?

Haven't you ever exchanged anything before?

4. Android300zx macrumors regular

I'm sure they'll just do exchange and charge difference.

5. mbsaeger, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  6. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Encountered same as OP. I had purchased off portal for work, picked up in store. Caused all kinds of mess. They refused to in store credit. Made me return and wait for money to re-clear back on card. It was a frustrating experience to say the least. I wish you better luck than I had in this experience.

7. Android300zx macrumors regular

I think they could only exchange it if you bought it in the store. I purchased a 2014 online and when I found out about the 2015 model I called and was told that since I configured mines I would have to send it back via mail.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just return it, if you're within the grace period which you state you are, then there will be no issue. They'll take back the laptop no questions asked - well they will ask if there's anything wrong with it and/or why you're unhappy with it but they will take it and refund you money :)

9. Mr.Scarface macrumors member

If you bought it at Best Buy, then they will just do an exchange and you pay the difference on the more expensive model. I returned a rMBP bought in February after the 2015s were in Stock (i had 45 days since im an Elite plus member....).