Return MacBook Pro after two months?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacDaddy80, May 12, 2011.

1. MacDaddy80 macrumors member

Do you think they will let me return my macbook Pro after two months? It has been giving me nothing but trouble and i just want to return it and maybe purchase something later.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

A full refund? Not likely, but it does have a 1 year warranty, and you've the option to purchase AppleCare in the event something goes wrong after that 1-year period ends.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not without a fee, if they let you do it at all. You have 14 calendar days from the date of purchase to return it without a fee.

4. MacDaddy80 thread starter macrumors member

yea should i try though? my buddy did it 1 and a half months later one time.

5. simsaladimbamba

6. calvol macrumors 6502a

Returned my MBP 15 after 6 weeks for full refund after logic board died. They wanted to fix, but decided not to take a chance on another MBP after that experience.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's up to you whether or not you try. Sounds like you dont have anything to lose.

8. Blipp macrumors 6502

Nope, you get 14 days to return for a full refund. I've heard of them being pretty lenient with the 14 days up to a month or so but 2 months is asking a whole lot. Your options are really to let a Genius diagnose the problem and send it off for repairs or try and sell it on your own for a loss.

Why don't you outline some of the problems you're having and maybe we can work you through them? It's entirely possible that these issues are very fixable and there is nothing really wrong with your machine.

Just out of curiosity: Why do you feel you're entitled to a full refund after you've been using the machine for a full 2 months?

9. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

No. You should not try it. If you try it and fail Apple will take your macbook pro and leave you with nothing.

All joking aside, there is nothing wrong with asking. If we go strictly on Apple's return policy, they probably won't give you a refund. But if you ask nicely and aren't an ass, you might get lucky.

10. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Also important that the person you ask also not be an ass.

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

It would depend on whether or not you've had it in for repairs. After 3 repairs on the same part, you have a chance of a replacement and possibly refund.

12. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

I doubt they are going to refund it after 2 months if you tell them it's having problems. They will probably attempt to fix the problems (that's why you have a one year warranty).

I could see them offering you a new machine before allowing you to return your macbook, but you never know, try it out if you want.