Return MacBook Pro for MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arice727, Aug 11, 2010.

1. arice727 macrumors newbie

I've been looking around for a new laptop for the last couple weeks and finally decided to buy a Mac. I was originally settled on a refurbished MacBook, but when I saw that MicroCenter had an instant $200 off on the MBP, I immediately picked one up. Now, I'm wondering if I should return the MBP and order the refurbished MB. Here are my concerns:

• There seem to be a lot MBP owners with WiFi problems, possibly b/c of the aluminum body
    • In the last couple days, I've seen quite a few posts regarding discoloration or pitting where the wrists sit on the MBP
    • $ - Paying $900 (w/ tax) for the MB is a little easier to swallow than paying $1060 (w/ tax) for the MBP. (I was originally looking to spend around $500 on a laptop)

So, what should I do?

(I've posted this in the MB and MBP forum; I'm hoping that's okay)

2. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Keep the pro,you'll have more problems with the MB,this one still cracks and it's gloss so it scratches really easily and looks bad.Keep the pro,I'll be getting one soon to replace my MB.

3. Xenophon macrumors regular

I'd also stick with the pro, have seen a number of horrendous examples of the MB plastic cracking and bubbling lately. At least you won't have that problem with the MBP. Don't know about the pitting, I'm typing this on an 18-month old alu unibody macbook and it looks pristine.