Return MacBook Pro Ordered Online to Apple Store? Dead pixels and vibration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rendition, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Rendition macrumors member

After over 3 weeks of waiting, I finally got the MacBook Pro I ordered. Unfortunately it has at least 6 dead pixels, including one near the center of the screen that is driving me crazy.

I ordered it online. Does anyone know if I can just return it for a refund (I don't feel like playing the 3-4 week lottery waiting game again) at a local Apple store?

If so, you think they will charge me a re-stocking fee? Sigh. This is not fun. What a let down Apple.

Also when I put my palms down on the top of the keyboard and palmrest, I feel a slight vibration which is annoying (probably just the fan). Do you guys have that too? Is it normal?

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

I don't believe you can, but I have neither of those problems, so good luck with trying to get it fixed, I would be equally mad if I got a bad apple and had to wait weeks to get them replaced.

3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I've heard of people exchanging defective online purchases at a retail store but not full refunds. Doesn't mean it can't happen.

Best wishes,

4. Rendition thread starter macrumors member

Have you heard of anyone getting full refunds if I call Apple online support over defects like this?

5. hohohong macrumors 6502

It can be done. I bought mine from US. Now, I'm back in Canada. There is something wrong with my logicboard. So they offered exchange. But since I bought from US, they can only ship to US.

So the tech support offered me a full refund.

6. powermac_daddy macrumors 6502

powermac_daddy

what happen when you pick it up? does it vibrate more?