All iPads Return newly purchased iPad Air for iPad mini w/retina?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by generalist, Apr 14, 2014.

1. generalist Guest

generalist

Last Friday I purchashed an iPad Air from the local Apple Store. It's beautiful and works fine it's just "big". I'm so used to using my iPhone 5 when laying in bed to watch media, etc... just feel like the 9.7 display is too big for my needs.

I feel badly about it but I would like to swap it for an iPad mini w/retina. Is that something Apple will do? Is there a restocking fee? I should also mention that I got a smart case too, so I would need a new smart case for the mini... would I be able to swap the case too?

Ugh, I hate indecision.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Yes, they will do it. There is not a restocking fee.

----------

They should also return the case without a problem.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes you can just go to the Apple store and tell them that you want to exchange your ipad air for the ipad mini retina. They should credit you back the difference.

And no there is no re-stocking fee.

4. generalist thread starter Guest

generalist

I kind of figured as much but I wanted to just assuage concern before attempting.

Thanks

5. Kangda macrumors member

You can just return the Air and the case, since you are within the 2 week return window. Return, then buy the mini retina (and case).

6. barjam macrumors regular

I suggest that you spend some time with the retina to make sure the fonts aren't going to be too small (they can be much smaller than the iphone at times). Ultimately I returned mine in favor of an air for that very reason.

You can adjust the font sizes at the system level but not all programs pick up on this.

It is a beautiful device otherwise though.

7. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Just FYI target has a sale on iPads, air and mini. 50 gc plus 5% using cartwheel app. Red card gives another 5%. And if u have pharmacy rewards it's another 5%

8. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Does this only apply to the us market or is UK the same, 14 day return period. Reason I'm asking is I had a hard time returning a day old wifi rmini for a cellular, it took a manager and some sweet talk to get around the fact that once its opened I can't return it.

9. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Apple here in the US does not care for what reason you want to return or exchange your purchase even if opened.

I bought a 32GB AT&T Retina mini and then decided I wanted the 128GB. Went to the Apple store just before the two week period was iPad and exchanged it. They even told me to keep the lightning cable as a spare.

I also bought a 16GB WiFi air at Best buy a month ago. Decided I wanted the 32GB and exchanged without a problem.

10. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If it's from an Apple store - you have 14 days to return it, for any reason (unless it's damaged, etc).

If it's from a third party or reseller, it's their own choice as to whether they accept it back or not.

11. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

The guy behind the main desk did say something about only being the reseller, Stormfront store. Everything in the shop was apple, does this mean it is really an apple shop?

12. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

If it was not an official Apple store, it is a reseller.

If the store is called Stormfront it sounds like a reseller.