Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kpangilinan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
New York
Does anyone know when Apple will ship iSight cameras again? I ordered mine a month ago and there's still no word on it.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
kpangilinan said:
Does anyone know when Apple will ship iSight cameras again? I ordered mine a month ago and there's still no word on it.

'October'

... I'm waiting to see what the 'updated' one looks like etc.

usbcd36

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2006
I've noticed that the new iSights in MacBooks and iMacs look amazing compared to the older iSights (standalone, MBPs, and iMacs). There seems to be much less color noise, and the picture is much sharper. If they ever release that as a standalone, I'm definitely buying it. I doubt it though. They'll probably just discontinue the iSight (since most "pro" users don't need it).

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
usbcd36 said:
I've noticed that the new iSights in MacBooks and iMacs look amazing compared to the older iSights (standalone, MBPs, and iMacs). There seems to be much less color noise, and the picture is much sharper. If they ever release that as a standalone, I'm definitely buying it. I doubt it though. They'll probably just discontinue the iSight (since most "pro" users don't need it).
There are plenty of professionals who use iSights. I'm quite sure the iSight won't be discontinued (unless Apple builds them into their displays).

bossass

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
EricNau said:
There are plenty of professionals who use iSights. I'm quite sure the iSight won't be discontinued (unless Apple builds them into their displays).

I hope they don't do that. I like the really clean look.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
With the increased 'hassle' of business travel (increased security/cost/'exploding' batteries!) Apple would be daft to stop supplying an iSight for the masses right now. They're usually ahead of the curve... web conferencing is on the increase (again).

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Yeah, I have a Mac Mini without an over-priced ACD. I'm not a pro user, I hope they do another one, but slightly less expensive. £100 was ridiculous for a web cam.

mistafreeze

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
kpangilinan it come yet?

its october, still no news on a new isight.

and any ideas on a really nice mic?

kpangilinan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
New York
Nope, the rep I talked to said it won't be shipped until the 17th but I cancelled it because I figured I'll just buy it in the stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.