Return of the Black MacBook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aaronhead14, Jun 19, 2011.

1. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

Is it just me or was the Black MacBook one of the coolest Apple products ever to be made? I vote Apple should bring them back with the new Unibody design that the current White MacBook has! Who's with me? :)

2. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

I agree it was sharp and unique. Also being the highest end at the time, it made that statement loud and clear.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It would be cool if they brought it back, although I wouldn't like it being glossy like the current white MB is.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I bought one in Aprilof 2008. I decided to sell it that same year in August because I owned too many Macs, I owned everything current minus the Mini.
    I was able to get the exact selling price for the black MB in August on eBay.

Last month I bought another one from someone on Craigslist and haven't regretted that since! My god it's a great machine. I use it more than I do my MBP, my only other computer now. The MB has 4GB ram and a 320GB HD. I wanted to get it because the new MBs don't have firewire ports.

Somewhere in the old Mac setup thread is a photo of that old black MacBook sitting next to the MacPro octo core I bought that summer.

5. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

I personally have never been a fan of the black Macbook although I know many people are and that it would be nice to have colours like in the old iMacs....

6. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

yes the blackbooks were great def the best mac i have ever owned and its still in daily use its a 2006 2.0ghz C2D 2gb Ram and a 120gb hdd that my wife now uses every day. i love my MBP but that was a great machine took it with me everywhere through college and the travelling after i graduated.

if they bring it back i know ill buy one! :D

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Does anyone here still bring the black MB around with you?

8. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I take my black Santa Rosa 2.2 c2d down to Starbucks sometimes. It's the coolest looking laptop I've ever seen and chicks dig it.;)

9. Emily91 macrumors newbie

I still use my mid-2007 black MacBook. It is great! I use it for everything, take it to uni and love it.

10. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

I'm still using mine right now, 2.4 Ghz latest black MacBook. I agree with the others. This thing is still sexy and also the best lookin' Mac out there to date IMO!

Yesterday I found the same exact brand new model that I bought for my dad couple years back but he ended up never even take a look at it!

OMG this thing is historical now

11. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

I want one! :p
    I was considering buying one from ebay but that would be as a second machine (since its gpu is... ehm.. gma crapsomthin). But I don't like the idea of a second hand laptop (especially one that's 2years old or more). Not only it will have no warranty, but there's also the "ew" factor.:p

12. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

Or the old G3 iBooks. They looked pretty cool back then and even today.

My early 08 Blackbook is my main machine until I upgrade to a Pro later on this year. I currently take it everywhere with me and even when I get the Pro it'll still go everywhere with me.

13. molala macrumors 6502a

There is a rumor thread about Apple trying to make a black MBA and MBP but powder coating didn't work so it won't be sometime soon.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1173894

I still use an early 2008 black book but would really like something lighter and thinner as I cycle/walk with mine to work. Otherwise, it's great. Still does everything I need.

14. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Bahahahah!

15. laptoplover2 macrumors member

Well... it's a little late for this

Well a little late for this.

I think that they should actually bring back the MacBook all together. For $899 you could get the unibody White MacBook, with some upgraded specs, face time camera, thunderbolt, what not.

And then for $999 they should introduce an iPad-Black version that has some slightly better specs. That would be awesome.

16. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

I too think that the macbook should come back... It feels weird without it.

Doesn't matter if its black or white :cool:

17. MacBH928 macrumors 68030

MacBH928

I personally wish the colorful ibooks from 1999 would come back , those were damn beautiful

18. kaydot macrumors regular

I also loved the black macbook. But what I didn't love was the silly price premium it had. If I recall correctly, it was $100 more for the black macbook at same specs. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember when I was shopping.

19. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Apple is Alluminum now, not colors as it once was

BTW, there is a company out there that paints any mac, including macbooks, they can make your current one black, or even orange, its up to you