Return of the "Buy a Mac, get an iPod" promotion?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jack Flash, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Im interested in pulling the trigger on a new iMac but would like to wait if I can get a free iPod Nano. Historically speaking, when has this promotion begun and can it be expected again?

2. bart rijksen macrumors regular

Probably not. The reason apple had that promotion, was to gain popularity, and have more people buy macs. The chance that that is going to happen again isn't very big.

3. I3eXa macrumors 6502

i thought they usually did these promotions around back to school time??

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The "Buy a Mac, get an iPod" promotion actually runs every year around the time when University goes back. Traditionally the promotion has only been available for education purchases.

It has just finished here, in the US it's usually towards the end of the year when the university year begins there. Our school years go by the calendar so "Back to School" is over for the time being.

5. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

6. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

With the sales of Macs tripling, popularity isn't a main concern of Apple. The need to give away products isn't necessary anymore for Apple. I still hope they do it, though. My brother is buying one for school come September and he hates iPods. I guess I'll have to take it off his hands :)