Return of the PowerBook??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redshot, Oct 31, 2010.

1. redshot macrumors newbie

When a quad core apple notebook is eventually released, do you think it would be cool if apple reintroduced it as a PowerBook brand?

2. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

No, I was glad to see the "Power" Book fade into the sunset with other "Power" items like the "Power" glove. :)

3. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

I don't understand why they would bring back the Power name? None of the powerbooks were even dual core.

They did have g5 quads but thats not in a notebook?

4. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Hisdem

Power stood for the PowerPC architecture on those earlier Macs IIRC, so, no, I don't believe it will ever happen.

5. Trakker macrumors member

Indeed.

The Power moniker has passed.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It does not stand for the PowerPC chips inside. The name "Powerbook" was around long before Apple first used PPC chips.

7. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Indeed - I specifically remember owning a PowerBook 520 which was a 68K Machine with the PowerBook name. It was called a PowerBook as thats what it was, a powerful notebook. - Id love them to bring it back, its much better than MacBook Pro, which is dull...

8. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Not gonna happen. Power for most brings back memories of the PowerPC days, long over. Plus, Steve said at the MBP intro that they are done with 'power' and want Mac in all of their product names.