Return Online Order to Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shayne, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Shayne macrumors member

I've purchased a Mac Mini online and I was informed by the shipping company that it was heavily damaged in transit. Can I return/exchange the machine to the Apple Store or do I have to go through the whole online process again? What should have taken 5 days looks like it might take 3 weeks and its getting pretty aggravating.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

It's not Apple's fault the Mini was damaged. I see no reason why they should accept the return that will cost them money. You need to file a claim the the shipping company.

3. bossxii macrumors 68000

If you purchased it from the Apple online store, I would find it absurd if they ship anything UNinsured. I would call your local Apple store and tell them the situation, they will probably swap you out for a new machine and collect from the shipper.

There is no reason you would have to deal with the shipper if your purchased directly from Apple. They would have a ton of pissed off customers if the above statement was how they do business. :eek:

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

All online orders from Apple's website HAS to be processed again through the Apple online store. You have to contact them over the phone about your problem.