Return or keep?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cingular, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Cingular macrumors regular

So I bought a 2008 macbook (white) from ebay for $500. Its a 2.4 ghz processor. This is my first purchase on ebay and have zero feedback right now, so not sure if the seller will refund my money ( maybe he sees it as a chance to keep the macbook and money) The listing did had 7 day money back return.

Macbook had dithering monitor, cracked palmrest, and its loud as a jet when running flash on safari(fans go up to 6000rpm). Everything which he did not mention.

So do I have a good chance of receiving a refund? Or just keep it?

HELP PLEASE! Need some advice.

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

What did you use to send the payment? Was it PayPal? I'm hoping it was and if so, you have buyer protection. You can dispute with the seller himself but if it doesn't work out, file a dispute with PayPal. By the way, did the seller note all the problems in the auction? I'm guessing he didn't and the item wasn't as described.

3. Cingular thread starter macrumors regular

Yes Paypal.

I already messaged her saying all the defects i found and told her i will ship it back for a refund and she said "Alrighty..you can ship it back.."

So I'm almost 100% I will be getting a refund?

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Yes, you'll be fine with PayPal, they usually tend to side with the buyer in most cases. Most likely her funds are still being held until you leave a feedback anyway. Glad the seller's not giving not giving you any trouble. Oh, and I would be sure to include delivery confirmation with the return package.

5. Cingular thread starter macrumors regular

Ohh thank you very much. Also will I be getting 100%?
    I paid $485 for laptop and $15 for shipping.
    So ill get $485 minus my shipping charges?

6. ann713 macrumors 6502a

This is actually something to be discussed between the two parties. I'm an avid eBay user and as a seller, shipping costs are non-refundable (unless the item was grossly misrepresented). That is the only exception. Usually sellers write "We will accept refunds less the cost of shipping" in their return policy to avoid any confusion. It's hard for me to really say without seeing the actual listing. If the seller cares about her feedback and standing, she'll work with you.