Return policy amnesty on 34 day old MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CAWjr, Feb 25, 2011.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

A friend of mine bought a new MBP on January 20th. Now that Apple has released the new lineup, he is a bit upset because his month old machine is already a generation behind.

I know in the past Apple has extended the 14 day return policy on some items if you bought them after a certain date. I like to call it a return or exchange amnesty. Is anyone aware if they are doing that for MBPs that were bought in the past several weeks that fall outside of the 14 day return window?

I told him that even though he was outside of the window, it would not hurt to box the MBP back up and go to the store and POLITELY ask if there was anything that could be done to return the 34 day old machine in exchange for a new one that was just released. The worst they could tell him is no.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight on if he will have any luck? Are there any tips or tricks I ould pass along to him to try & work the situation in his favor?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

He can certainly try, but they have to draw the line somewhere

3. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Agreed. I just think that in the past they have extended it to about 4-6 weeks. I was thinking "If you bought a new MBP after January 5th (to weed out the holiday sales), you can exchange for a new model."

Like I told him, you can try & you never know. I have had Apple Store employees bend over backwards (and bend policies) to help me before.

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I bought a maxed out 15" on 1/31 knowing a new one was going to be released but I absolutely had to have it for work when my 2006 model died. I could really use the quad since I do a lot of programming and vmware with windows for development. I called and they said to bring it in and talk to a manager, but it doesn't help that they don't have any 15" hires anti-glare models in stock. I can't do without a quick replacement. I was just 10 days out of the window yesterday. I would be willing to pay a few $ to make up for it, but they already got $2549 from me and the comparable model with 8g ram instead of 4 still costs $49 less than what I payed.

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Always worth asking but they have no obligation to swap it.
    Imagine if everyone who bought in the last month came back in for a swap :eek: