Return policy / contract question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Travisimo, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

If I return my iPhone 4 within the 30 days, does my contract go back to where it was before I bought the new phone? And more importantly, does it change my eligibility for a future upgrade? For example, let's say I wanted to return the phone and wait a couple of months to decide what phone to get. Would I still have the early eligibility that I had when I bought the ip4 on 6/24?

Thanks.

2. UofM Canes! macrumors newbie

The guy I talked to at my local AT&T store yesterday said yes, everything goes back to how it was including the upgrade eligibility.

3. Travisimo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I wonder how many times they will let you do this, though? I mean, if I return my iPhone 4 and then a couple of months later, I want to buy it again (because they fixed the problems), will I also have another 30 days return policy? I can see people abusing this by doing this multiple times, so I'm betting they have some kind of policy.

4. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I think that's where the contract canceling policy comes in.

If you cancel your contract AT&T doesn't allow you to sign a new one for some period of time (30-90 days). I'm not sure whether that applies in this situation or not. If it does, then that would certainly protect them.