Return policy exception

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gaprofitt, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Gaprofitt macrumors regular

Hey All,

I purchased a new Macbook Pro 13 2.9 Ghz, 8gb ram/512gb hard on March 12th, 2015. I'm beyond the 14 day return policy but I think I got a lemon. I've had issues with the down arrow key being non responsive as well as the trackpad just stop working.

I'd like to swap the unit out for a similar unit but with 16GB ram and pay the extra $200. I use the laptop for work so I can't go without a laptop while the unit is being repaired? What are the odds or getting this done and how should I approach it with the local store? It looks like they don't stock the 16GB models.

Thanks.

2. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Can't hurt to try and ask. Upgrading to another SKU might help your case, having actual issues might direct you to the Genius bar.

3. Gaprofitt thread starter macrumors regular

Do I need to setup an appointment or just walk in?

4. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

To ask if you can return/upgrade SKU walk in.

Genius Bar, appointment.

5. leman macrumors 604

Apple once extended the return period on a laptop for a month(!!!) because I took it with me on a business trip and it would't been possible for me to return it within the 14 day period. Talk about good customer service. I ended up using the computer for at least three weeks for free days and they even paid the return shipment.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

I'd recommend you ask your local Apple store directly instead of strangers on the internet, but that's just my suggestion.