Return policy extended until January 8th!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Nov 16, 2014.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Just FYI folks….I ordered my 6 through Apple on Friday and she told me the return policy is extended until Jan. 8th because of the holidays. I think that is pretty standard for this time of year, but just letting you know incase you thought you only had 14 days :)

2. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

That will allow more people a chance to be undecided, longer!;)

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You might have longer than the 14 days to return the device, but from past experiences, after 14 days your upgrade subsidy would not be reset, and with AT&T Next you would have already had to make some payments. So for phones, the extended return policy is pretty much useless.

4. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Unless you're paying full price up front like a lot more people are doing now.

5. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

Do you know when this will apply with the retail stores?

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yes, of course. But the vast majority of people are in contracts or now using carrier upgrade programs.

I just wanted to submit that post to warn people that though it may seem like they get the longer return window, if you are on a subsidy or carrier upgrade program, you still only have 14 days.

7. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I did pay full price, always have. So I guess it only applies to that scenario? I didn't know it made a difference.

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This is nice. Gives me 6 weeks to try the 6+, only if Apple had one. :p

9. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Nice. I hope Apple release iphone 6s in january so I'm gonna borrow their iphone for a month :D

10. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I think they have followed this policy for quite some time. The following thread is from Nov. 2010

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1047776

11. bushido Suspended

bushido

must be nice, u have exactly zero days to return it once u removed the wrapper of the box over here lol

12. amorcito macrumors regular

Does your receipt say so? I ask because I picked up an ipad air 2 on the 12th, and my return policy is for 14 days.

13. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

This is only stores yes? I have an apple store about an hour and a half away and I've held off on the 6+ because I was worried about the RAM and bending but if I can try the phone for that long I may just go get one to try for a month.

14. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Always buy electronics during the holidays.... snag some good deals, make the stores price match each other, and get a longer return policy!

15. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

You're kidding, right?

16. Erphern macrumors 6502

Is there a link to this policy anywhere? I'm only seeing 14 days...

17. Erphern macrumors 6502

The Apple store in Leawood, KS just told me that the return policy was "within 13 days", even for full price off-contract phones. Go figure.

18. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I thought Apple only extended the return window for other products (not iPhones or non-WiFi only iPads) at the holidays.

19. Essa86 macrumors member

I went to the apple store yesterday and bought an iPhone 6+ and I asked about the return policy if it is till January since it is holiday season. The employee said he will go double check with his supervisor and he came back and told me that only accessories can be returned till jan but phones are still in the 14 days time frame.

Just sharing what happened with me.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It actually doesn't make a difference. They'll still take it back. Your carrier just won't ease up on the contract.

Now if you're using next or edge? I have no idea lol.

21. Hec983 macrumors member

Well i just talked to a supervisor ans he said thay phones sold at retail price jave till january to be exchanged or returned

22. Erphern, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

Erphern macrumors 6502

There, Apple's policy updated:

"Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 1, 2014 and December 25, 2014, may be returned through January 8, 2015. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2014 are subject to the Standard Return Policy.".

Edit: I just called Apple, and they said this policy doesn't really apply to iPhones, but they have a little more flexibility with off-contract phones.

23. Erphern macrumors 6502

Well, despite my local Apple store telling me yesterday that I definitely couldn't return the iPhone 6 I bought on November 1st, today they let me do so without any hesitation. I think the policy is a little vague, and it just depends on who you talk to.

I returned the 6 and walked out with a "gold" 128GB 6+. I'm liking the 6+ better so far. :)