return policy if/when new macs come out...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DetroitRockCity, Sep 16, 2009.

1. DetroitRockCity macrumors member

What is apple's return policy for if/when the rumored new macs release?
    I am planning to get a Mac Pro on the 26th, but I will be buying it at apple online.
    Say a new Mac Pro comes out in less than 14 days.... am I covered? Can I bring it back into the store, or do I have to ship it back to get the new model?
    Can I do this after the 14 days are up?

I really hope they update the mac pro. I would wait to buy, but I need this machine for October.
    I might pick up a new macbook too, as my white macbook is showing its age.

(edit: I just read the other thread on this, but my question is a little different then their iMac question)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There won't be new Mac Pro before mid 2010.... No new hardware exist

3. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

If its within 14days you can swap it but you may get hit with the restocking fee (15% or whatever it is). After 14days I believe you're stuck with it unless you get a really nice manager to hook you up if you're like 16day in or something.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You would have to ship it back. The Online Apple Store and the Apple Retail stores are two separate entities for things like this. Also if the Mac Pro is BTO, then the Apple Store won't touch it.

5. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

If your not really sure about your purchase. The first thing you may want to do is not open the box. Once the seal is broken they can charge you the restocking fee. I had an Imac but did not open it and they came out with the Macbook white refresh. I took it back with no problem and I was about 5 days over the return period.

If you buy it at the end of the month you'll have 14 days in the new month. :D

6. DetroitRockCity thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the input. The last mac I bought, iMac, was updated about 2 months after I bought it.

The only thing that interests me in a Mac Pro update is bluray, and if they bump up the stock quad core to a six core machine. So hopefully if there is an update on the mac pro it comes soon lol.