Return policy longer than 14 days?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chenjas1, Apr 30, 2015.

1. chenjas1 macrumors member

Ordered my 38mm SS BSB on 4/10, arrived on 4/24 but I was looking at the My Orders page on Apple.com and it says I have until May 14 to return...

Thought it was a 14 day return policy?

2. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

Return date for WATCH is farther out than terms state

I have a 42 mm watch and ordered a 38 to replace it as it is too big for me. I received it on the 24th and thought I had 14 "calendar days" to return it, which would be May 8th. I was on the site and clicked to print a label to return it next week and noticed that the "return by" date was May 14.

Those few extra days can be helpful if you are waiting for a watch to arrive and you don't want to be without one!

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

A simple call to Apple online store will take care of the return problem. Apple is shipping me a Sport band and Im returning my milanese loop.

The return by date is 5/14 and I don't even have a ship date for the replacement band. Apple told me I can return it when I get the replacement so that return date is irrelevant.

4. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Yes I noticed this too, it also works great for me because I'm waiting for a SS 42 Milanese to arrive and the return date for my Sport is almost 3 weeks away.

5. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

Yes, what you describe is the way a band swap works ... you keep yours until the replacement arrives. Unfortunately this is not the policy for watches. I'm returning the whole watch, not just the band. I was in the Apple store and asked the manager if they had any flexibility on the return by date as I really hated to return mine and not have a watch! At that time I was thinking I needed an additional two to three weeks. He said there was no way to give me more time.

I was going to call Apple to make sure there was no flexibility on this time frame but now I won't have to worry about it since my watch should be here before my return date.

6. BradDylan macrumors member

Maybe it's 14 business days. Monday-Friday. Just a guess.

B

7. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

That makes sense but they specifically say, "calendar days" .. I think maybe they did mean "business days" ... They need to correct it if that is the case ....

8. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

Return policy longer than 14 days?

Just something interesting. I had read on Apple's website that the return policy is 14 days. I received my watch on April 30th, and the Apple website says I have until the 20th of May to return.

Thought I would share to let folks know they may have longer than 14 days.

9. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Interesting. I received mine on launch day and it says I have until May 13th. I would have expected it to be May 8th.

10. KPOM macrumors G5

I had one delivered on 4/24 that has a return date of 5/13, and one delivered on 4/27 that has a return date of 5/15.

11. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Depends upon location. I have 5/8 as my return date.

12. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

There are 14 (business) days from April 30 to May 20, so that's part of the deal...

13. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

Good call.. So it's 14 business days.

14. Mvatlarge, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015

Mvatlarge macrumors member

You have 2 weeks to request a return + 2 weeks to actually return it

tl;dr: Max return time is 4 weeks: 2 to request a return, 2 to actually ship it back (or decide to keep it).

--

Received watch on 4/24. Called Apple 5/3 to return for larger size. They gave me until 5/17 to ship it back, or 14 calendar days from the call.

They said if I decide to keep it, there's no further action needed.

15. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

As long as you call within 14 days, yes. They will give you time to use the return shipping label.

But if you try to call and return the watch after 14 days and up to your two week window after the original 14 day return period, you will probably experience a problem.

So better to call it a 14 day return from purchase day with a 14 day grace period and not up to 4 weeks to return the watch.

16. Mvatlarge macrumors member

Good point, I've edited to clarify.