Return policy of Jet Black

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Winryito, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Winryito macrumors regular

Winryito

Just a quick question, will Apple accept return of Jet black models if they have minor scratches on them? My friend bought one and he used his for 2 days but is not happy with the color and he wants to return. It has maybe very very difficult to see scratches on it and alot of fingerprints.

I have yet to receive mine and mine will go straight into a wrap once it gets here, not taking chances with that finish.

Thank you in advance.

2. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

If I were Apple, I would charge a restocking fee for Jet Black.

3. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

Now that everyone has settled down about the headphone jack it seems bagging on Jet Black is the new "it" thing to do. Genius. Guess what folks, Apple produces Jet Black by taking an anodized black phone and polishing it. Guess what an end user can do? Get some Scratch X and polish it up to a mirror shine again. Just like you do with nice watches, your car, etc.

4. Elisha, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

Machine polish vs hand polish?
    Scratch X works by removing some if the clear coat from the cars paint.
    You'll not get the same level of polish or shine by doing it by hand on the iPhone. It may start shining again but it won't be a glossy shine.

5. foxconn Suspended

Lol

Why? There are micro scratches on all other finishes you just can't see it. Either way, the housing always gets replaced.

6. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Sounds right to me.

To OP: neither of you asked the store personnel this question? Fail!

7. MacTechnics, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Lmao of course the jet black scratches. I wouldn't let anyone return em, Apple said use a case! People only buying em cause of the hype...it's beautiful but poorly designed and manufactured

8. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

If the scratches are minor from normal wear and tear then I would be surprised if they wouldn't honor the normal return window. The only way to know for sure is try it!

9. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

Why just Jet Black? It's not like they put any of the returned phones back in stock for sale. Everything returned to Apple goes back to be sold as a refurb or recycled for parts. I assume iPhones go through the refurb process and are used as warranty replacement devices.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It doesn't really matter what condition it's in because it'll get remanufactured with a brand new shell, screen and battery.

Even if you return an iPhone still sealed in the box within the 14-day return period, it'll also get opened up and refurbished. Apple doesn't take any chance lest someone swaps it out and re-seals the box.