Return Policy on a Mac Book.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by igmolinav, Oct 9, 2008.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

I bought a Mac Book and I may need to return it. It is new in the box, (it has never been opened). From the date of purchase, how much time does one have to return it ??

Thank you very much for your answer,

igmolinav

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

It depends on which country you're in.

Where abouts are you?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

14 days. Please SEARCH. Since you haven't opened it, you also don't have to pay 10% restocking, which is nice.

5. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I bought it through Apple (USA) online store. Is it possible to go directly to an Apple retail store and return it there ??

Thank you.

igmolinav

P.S. I already own other Apple products and I knew it was 14 days. I just considered this important enough as to ask the forum as policies may change.

6. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

You really thought the policy would've changed without some info on Apple's website? I'm sure if they had changed thei policy it would've been updated on their website.

Hmmm...so you think the forum would know better than Apple? I'd think you would just call up the store or Apple online and ask the OFFICIAL source. Or if the store is close enough, just go in and see what happens.

:p

7. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi,

Thank you for your message. Please don't get me wrong. I think Apple is always super careful and super-super with customers in every way. However, if the policy may have changed, and I may have been the one that never noticed it.

My receipt is from September 22. So, I think I am pretty much fried if I want to return the Mac Book.

Thank you again, kind regards,

igmolinav

8. cbflip2000 macrumors regular

it won't hurt to try to return it if a little past 14 days. just get a managers approval. i return a MBA 33 days after i purchased it at a apple retail store.

9. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi,

Can I return it at a RETAIL store even if I bought it online (from Apple) ???

Thank you,

igmolinav

10. zzzzzzzzz macrumors member

Hey guys, I'd like to know the answer to that question too. Has anyone managed to return to a physical store something that they bought online?

much thanks.