Return Policy Question when buying with discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BrooklynNoise, Nov 16, 2008.

1. BrooklynNoise macrumors newbie

I am a federal employee and when you are entering Apple's federal employee store, there is a shopping agreement you must accept with a return policy which appears to be stricter than I recall normally being applied. Below is that policy. My question is that I want to buy a CTO Macbook Pro (basically get a bigger harddrive) but I want to be able to return it if it is damaged in some manner (the reported screen issues, dents or scratches, etc.). Does this language allow for such returns? is this any more restrictive than the regular return policy?

Return Policy
    Please note that Apple only permits the return of unopened, non-customized product within 10 days of receipt. Apple does not permit the return of the following products:

1. Product that is custom-configured to your specifications
    2. Opened memory
    3. Opened software

Refer to the Sales Policies for more information.

Cancellation
    Configure-to-order (CTO) products cannot be cancelled or changed after product assembly has begun.

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

not being able to return customized products is Apple's policy pretty much across the board for all buyers whether they're using a discount or not. If your purchase arrives with any of the defects you mentioned (dents, scratches, etc.) then Apple will fix the problem......but they don't offer the option where you can say "I changed my mind and don't want it at all" if you've had them customize a product for you