Return policy + Termination?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grimreaper1377, Jul 16, 2008.

1. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm wondering what the return policy is for the iPhone. It seems like that after reading the threads around here its 14 days with no restocking fee. But I had a question about the contract cancellation. Again, after reading the threads, it looks like its 30 days after you sign up, you can terminate for free. But what I wanted to know is that I'm already with AT&T, and then when I buy my iPhone, it'll basically renew my contract for 2 more years. Does this mean that I'm still eligible to cancel my contract 30 days after even if I'm already with ATT? Also, what's the deal if I report a phone lost/stolen?

Thanks in advance

2. grimreaper1377 thread starter macrumors regular

3. showtime macrumors 6502

Your best bet might be to call at&t directly and ask them. I would ask them what if you don't get coverage or 3g coverage in your home and want to go back to your old phone. The may allow you to continue with your old contract but I would ask and see.

4. insanemetalhead macrumors newbie

insanemetalhead

I bought my iPhone last saturday at the apple store. I returned it yesterday after dropping 3 calls in 15 mins in Chicagoland. The whole freaking area is 3G and I was in a wide open area. I haven't had my refund post yet on my bank but according to the email receipt I got it was a full refund and I took the sim card back to AT&T and closed my account. They told me I may get a partial bill but who knows. I hated to give that phone up but I couldn't justify paying 100 bucks for barely any minutes.

5. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I think the termination fee is $175...big deal - the lowest monthly cost for a plan is $70 so it's just over 2 months of service (less than that for those with unlimited everything).

6. insanemetalhead macrumors newbie

insanemetalhead

I never did when I did the return of my sim card. I believe they have a 30 day return policy as far as cancellation of service. Damn I sorta miss my iphone