Return Policy: Total BS

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stridder44, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

@#$%!

I bought 3 shirts from a store called Active Ride Shop. It's a retail store, kinda like Zumiez (if you've heard of it), but I've only ever seen them around SoCal. Anyway, I wanted to return 2 of the shirts (one was too small), so I went back to the store (with all tags, reciepts, and unwashed of course) and was told they only do store credit refunds. The girl at the counter pointed to the nice little small print on the back of the receipt. Pissed off, I went to look for the shirt I had planned on getting a different size in, only to find out they didn't have it (it was a sale item). I can't begin to tell you how angry I am.

Later, I go on their site to find this. A return form ironically labeled "Hassle Free Returns & Exchanges". Yay! So if I want to return these, I have to fill this out and pay shipping on items I don't even want in the first place. I'll admit, I didn't read the fine print, but come on. I've never heard of any company that doesn't accept full refunds on items (except movies and software of course, but this is just clothing). That's just bad customer service.

Ugh, sorry, I just needed to vent, it just feels like I've been cheated.

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Actually, this is the way of things these days. They sold you the item, and will "Warranty" the item, but not refund. They want things sold, not coming back to them within a short period of time, with or without damage. Just have to be sure of your purchase before making it. ;)

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

So you only find out about their policy after you buy it? Sounds like a con to me. I would take it up with corporate or a manager.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The policy is probably available elsewhere, maybe posted in the store, the small print on the receipt is most likely just a reminder ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I assumed this. But just for his sake, he might have an argument if they didnt post it.