Return policy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BBQ BOY, Aug 25, 2010.

1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

I'm going to return my iPad that I purchased yesterday. I just feel that at this moment in my life a MacBook Pro may be a better fit..
    I searched the web trying to find out what Apples policy is on returning the iPad but can't find anything..
    Anyone?
    Oh by the way I bought from an Apple store.

2. celticpride678

If you opened it, there's a 14% restocking fee. You have 14 days to return it.

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

When did they change the restock fee? Thought it was 10%?

4. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

Under General under settings what tab do I push to clear all of the info that I have from synching to my computer?

5. celticpride678

Yep, 10% - my mistake.

You should just restore it in iTunes.

6. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Seems the general conclusion is a 10% restocking fee (we're assuming you're in the US).

You could examine it to see if there's any dust under the screen then complain and get a full refund. However doing this will mean both you and I will incur the wrath of the Apple Morality Police.

You might find a private sale might recover the full cost. Depends on the local stock level.

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I've seen a couple in my city on Craigslist because they didn't want to pay the restocking fee which is 15% on computers. Not sure if iPad is 15% or less, but they def. charge a restocking fee.

Most have been able to sell it on CL for near full-price minus taxes.

8. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Best Buy considers it a Computer and charges 15% restock. Apple charges 10% if opened on all apple branded products across the board no matter if it is an iPad or an iMac.