Return policy?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Benz63amg, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

So if I buy an apple watch tonight (pre order) , what is the return policy on it? Is there a restocking fee in case I don't like it when I get it on the 24th?

2. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

i believe its standard 14 day return policy starting day u get it..

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

4. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Do you think there will be a re stocking fee? Also I'm looking at the 42mm space gray sport, the only way I can buy it is with the black strap right? I can't choos a different color before I purchase?

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I doubt there is a restocking fee, I've never seen one for anything purchased from the Apple store.

6. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I'm assuming that Apple didn't make a clear statement on that simply because people will be abusing the system (order under two different names/IDs for different sizes, return one later on.)
    Best guess is 14 days without a restocking fee.

7. vc2020 macrumors regular

Will you be able to return a Watch to a store even if you ordered online?

8. NateEssex macrumors 6502

You have been able to with every other Apple device.

9. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Also I'm looking at the 42mm space gray alu sport, the only way I can buy it is with the black strap right? I can't choose a different color or metal bracelet before I purchase?

10. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

No, you have to take the band it comes with.

11. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

That's not true (at least not in Australia). You are supposed to return them the way you purchased them (hence online orders need to be returned via their on-line return process). It is a result of tax issues.

The online return process is pretty simple, you let Apple know you want to return the item and depending on the value you drop it into the post or they send a courier out to collect it. It's all at no cost to you.

You can't 'officially' return online orders at an Apple Store. However, the Apple Store will take the product from you and perform the online return on your behalf. The only issue is you don't get a refund immediately (only once the online Store gets the product back which can be a day or two). I did this with an iPhone.

12. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

There should be no problem returning a watch you received on pre-order at your local Apple Store, should you choose to do so.

I'm actually pleased with the new store reservation system with regard to exchanging a pre-ordered watch you received at home. Previously with in-store pickup method, you had to pay for the new model you wanted if you did an exchange. This new way lets you just reserve what you want and you'll be able to bring in the one you received to swap for it. No additional out of pocket expense will be necessary.

13. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I looked over the return policy a few days ago. I believe it was 14 days, no restocking fee, and free shipping to return. You can also bring it to any Apple store to return.