Return policy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deadman64, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I have had my phone since Friday. I have an annoying white stuck pixel but no other defects. Would I be able to exchange for a new one? How long do I have to return for this issue? 30 days? 14? A year?

Also if I would exchange for a new one, would all my texts and everything go over to my new phone when I sync with iTunes? I just wanna be sure I wouldn't lose anything.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

14 days. 10% restocking fee if you've opened it. Texts are server based, but you can use your old backup if you get a new one.

3. Deadman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So everytime I plug my phone into iTunes and I see it 'backing up' what exactly is it backing up?

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

3G is 30 days

5. Deadman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you positive?

6. audibird macrumors newbie

I believe it's 30 days at AT&T stores since that's always been their policy (I haven't looked for evidence in this case though), and they seem to be putting the iPhone in line with all their other policies.

Looks like only 14 for Apple Stores? I purchased the 12th, and the receipt clearly states I can return until the 26th.

Also, at the bottom of this page http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_us.html , it says "No restocking fee will be assessed on iPhones returned within the 14-day return period."

7. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I was wondering about this myself. AT&T, on the phone, said 30 days. But you never know if you should trust what a rep says or not.

8. yode macrumors 6502

at&t is 30 days, apple store is 14. BTW, if you go to a genius bar to get your iPhone 3G replaced or something because of a defect, the at&t return policy is voided

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

From AT&T where I got mine, yes. But they do charge 10% return fee. From Apple, I have no idea, but their website says "14 days with NO restocking fee" which means it MIGHT be greater WITH a restocking fee.