return.policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RoisinMurphy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. RoisinMurphy macrumors newbie

if you buy from an apple store, open up the box, check the display for dead/stuck pixels.... and i you find any, bring it right back to the store for a refund? preferably under some 'no questions asked' policy

if not, what options do i have, to make sure i get a flawless display?

thanks

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

take it back to the apple store, the geniuses behind the bar will check it, and if it has dead pixels like you say they'll swap it for a new one straight away, its very rare that apple displays have dead pixels but i guess sometimes there are some exceptions :)

3. RoisinMurphy thread starter macrumors newbie

is that an official policy though? 1 dead pixel is definetally under their tollerance, so they could refuse it

4. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I would suggest that you go to Apples website and review their return/refund policy or at least do a search on this site. This subject has been discussed at length many times.

5. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I have just swapped my 2.4 as it had two dead pixels for another today no questions asked. Only nuisance is I now have a 9c85 screen, which is not as good as my LG. It has light bleed around the bottom and sides. Oh well, I dont really notice it unless I am looking for it.

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

When i bought my Mac Pro the 20" screen i ordered with it had 1 dead pixel, so i took it to the apple store where i live in London and they replaced it immediately upon inspection and seeing the dead pixel, so official policy or not its good customer service. MAC's are used a lot for graphic design and dead pixels are simply unnaceptable so im sure theyll understand.