Return question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Southernboyj, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I bought a 2011 refurbed MacBook Pro a few weeks ago.
    Lately I've been looking and thinking about the new version.

I know WWDC is 6 days away and I figured *IF* the new MacBook Pro is announced and I deem the upgrade worth an extra 200 or so dollars I'd just return my refurb and buy it.

Looking at Apple's website I noticed today is my last day of eligibility for a return.

So I went ahead and started one, it says I have until June 18th.
    Does that mean I have to ship it by June 18th, or it has to be at Apple by then?

Also if the new MBP is just another minor spec bump, I can cancel the return, correct?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It has to be with Apple on that date...Don't take chances, return it early, then you can order up your new one a couple of days later. We are all flying blind as usual on exactly what the refresh is going to be, but if you are going to do it, get in early.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd return it now, don't play with fire, you liable to get burned if you defer shipping it out.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Agreed on the don't hold onto it. Not only transportation, but it may take a couple of days for Apple to enter it into their system as received.

5. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Don't know what you have but read this Purported 13" MacBook Pro specs show USB 3.0, Ivy Bridge, no Retina display http://www.appleinsider.com/article...show_usb_30_ivy_bridge_no_retina_display.html

6. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Yeah I seen that, which is why I was reluctant on the upgrade, USB 3.0 and Ivy bridge are nice, but I was hoping for at least the current MBA's 1440x900 resolution display. (As retina seem's too unlikely)

7. DrKockter macrumors member

why did u even bother buying it if u knew something may be anoucned not to long after.

8. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I was going out of town for work and needed a laptop, and at the time WWDC wasn't even announced yet so EVERYTHING was speculation.