Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Thinking about getting a phone from a carrier, 7 and 7+.

If something is found wrong in the first 14 days (mechanical) do I bring the phone back to the carrier for a replacement or do I have to return for a refund and order another one.

If the carrier will give me a replacement do I keep old phone until the new one arrives, assuming it still has some functionality?

Thanks.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If you buy it from the carrier you have 14 days to go through the carrier. With AT&T if you can prove its defective there is no restocking fee and you get a replacement. If its not defective and you return it, its a $35 dollar fee.

You will have to do an exchange right then in there, so they will have to have the device in stock. If not they might order it for you and you come back and exchange. Really depends on the carrier and store rules.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thinking about getting a phone from a carrier, 7 and 7+.

If something is found wrong in the first 14 days (mechanical) do I bring the phone back to the carrier for a replacement or do I have to return for a refund and order another one.

If the carrier will give me a replacement do I keep old phone until the new one arrives, assuming it still has some functionality?

Thanks.

The carrier will process your return. And not all carriers will provide you with a replacement device, which may render you to fend for yourself with a spare device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.