Return/rebuy the SAME phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Minhimalism, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Hey guys.

Does anyone know if Apple allows you to return and rebuy the same phone within your 14-day return period? Like, if I had bought it for full price on one credit card but I wanted to change my payment method to a different card within the two weeks. Thanks, would love any feedback anyone has if they've had to do this before.

2. hiankovski macrumors member

Same here. I pre-ordered a 6S+ but I'm not 100% sure about the color. If I dislike the color can I just exchange the phone at some Apple Retail Store?

3. DannyT2011 macrumors member

I've had experience with returning and repurchasing the exact same MacBook Air (when they gave iTunes cards for back to school) they refunded the amount to a gift card then paid for it with that. Had a similar experience when exchanging my iPad Air 2 a few days after launch (no refurbished models yet).

Hope this helps :)

4. Granny_Smith macrumors member

Granny_Smith

Def can. Return the first phone. Then purchase new phone using different/preferred payment method. Or just tell them you'd like to change the payment method from first order.

5. Minhimalism thread starter macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Thanks. Also I should've clarified- I mean in-store purchases. So like returning my phone and grabbing the exact same one again because I need to use a different card.