Return/Restocking Fees at any stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kadin, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Kadin, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I don't plan on returning mine... but this fee is something to consider. Do all the other places like Best Buy hit you with a 10% restock fee like Apple does? I know that Sam's Club doesn't but beyond that... no clue. And I'm pretty sure these other stores besides Apple also have 30 or more days to do an exchange/return. The only reason I can see that I'd need to worry about this is changing either the color or storage size. Either would constitute this fee being assessed.

[EDIT] Ok thanks to HXGuy and Google, I see that Apple no longer charges the fee. Good deal since Personal Setups pretty much made that fee absolute...

2. HXGuy macrumors 68000

If I remember correctly, Apple did away with their restocking fee a while ago.

3. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Ahhh... so apparently this happened in January after doing some searching. Good to know. That makes this a little easier, thanks!

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Best Buy dropped their restock fee before Apple did, IIRC.
    http://www.dailytech.com/Best+Buy+Drops+Restocking+Fees+/article20435.htm

For iPads, Best Buy's return window is the same as Apple's -- 14 days.

AFAIK, Walmart doesn't charge a re-stock fee either, and gives you 15 days to return something like an iPad.

Target does look like it charges a 15% restock fee for "portable electronics".

5. Fireworld macrumors member

Thats great I was worried about getting buyers remorse about the color I choose. Glad to know I can exchange it in 14 days if need be. I'm defiantly getting the 64 gig 3g though.

6. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

On the contrary. I am having to pay a restocking fee to Apple for my iPad I bought a week and a half ago.