iPhone SE Return S8 for iPhone SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frocco, Aug 6, 2017.

1. frocco macrumors 6502

frocco

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Hell no. I went from the iPhone SE and Galaxy S7 Edge to the iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8. I wouldn't trade either of these for either of those.

3. HallStevenson macrumors 6502a

HallStevenson

Given where you are asking this question, you're likely to get responses telling you to do it. The fact is, the S8 is a top of the line phone and the SE isn't. It's nowhere near the S8.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

My rebuttal questions to you, is why would you consider this? What advantages do you see with the SE over the S8?

5. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

I wouldn't make that switch unless I wanted a much smaller phone. Which is what I did by getting the 4.7" 7.
    I was able to keep my HTC 10 as a back up and switch out to it sometimes for a change. That'd be a nice option if you're able to do both.

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Odd question. I've had most of the iPhones except for the 5C and SE. I'd love to try out the S8 but wouldn't touch the tiny older SE. They're not even in the same league. If you want to move to an iPhone go for a 7 or upcoming 8.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

The only reason why I could see someone doing this is if they wanted a phone to be a bit more mobile, easier to put in the pocket throughout the day, use with one hand, maybe better battery life. That said, I use my iPhone 6s+ as a book, planner, note taker (with bluetooth keyboard), and communication device. As much as I would like to go back to the smaller phones (loved the feel of the 4s), the way I use my phone, I don't think I could.

8. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

No, the S8 is a much better device than the SE and probably the best device out right now. That wouldn't be something I would consider at all.

9. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I've got both and my SE is only ever used when I really need a small phone with me. The SE is a great phone but it's streets behind the S8 IMO

11. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

12. tr1ad macrumors newbie

The S8 and + are miles ahead imho in terms of display and battery life.
    I decided to try the S8 + but returned to the iPhone because it was easier to facetime the babysitter at home with the kids.
    I returned to the SE (spare device) as I sold off my S+, if it wasn't for the easy use to contact home while at work (Facetime is just simpler for the babysitter to use) I'd still be with the S8+