Carrier return the note 5 and got nexus 6

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by snow755, Aug 27, 2015.

1. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

hi

after owning the note 5 it was a ok phone but do not like the idea of waiting moths and moths for your android upgrades so i return it and got a nexus 6 and i am march happyer no more waiting moths and moth for your android upgrade all so my AT&T nexus 6 verison did not come with any AT&T blot ware but i did have too upgrade to from android 5.0 too android 5.1.1 when i got it home i am march more happyer now with this phone then the note 5

and best of all the nexus 6 are the 1st ones too get the new android 6 too where the note 5 it would have took at lest a year

2. mclld, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015

mclld macrumors 68000

Big change, your other post was glowing over the Note

"and best of all the nexus 6 are the 1st ones too get the new android 6 too where the note 5 it would have took at lest a year"

Samsung or Att has said this? I doubt it

3. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

Enjoy your Nexus 6! Its a good phone! :)

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Least you know you will get dependable updates with google. Enjoy it. I can understand why updates are important. Updates is important to a lot of people. Sadly on non google or IOS devices it can take ages for updates.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Enjoy ... It's a very speedy phone, I'd recommend you might want to consider a dbrand skin for the back of it. They make excellent matte textured ones that hide fingerprints, and make it a lot less slippy and gripable.

I find cases make the girth of the Nexus 6 too much so a d-brand skin will give you some protection on back and a screen protector on front means you can enjoy the device protected but without adding additional bulk.

https://dbrand.com/shop/nexus-6

6. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Not relevant to topic but,

I wish one plus or some other smartphone maker would give us factory images with unlockable boot loaders so i don't have to worry about bricks or wiped devices and can flash till i drop.

Nexus is great but, really has some crappy cameras (nexus 6 has terrible focusing) and always some hardware flaw like touchscreen issues (nexus 7), bad screens, (galaxy nexus) vibrate too loud on nexus 6 etc.

7. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I believe htc gives out what they call a ruu
    but nobody matches nexus images, binaries, and documentation

8. bozzykid macrumors 68020

OnePlus does provide factory images and they don't require any special software to unlock (beyond the drivers).

9. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

I wish they didnt have that dumb invite thing.

10. Tsepz macrumors 68000

Tsepz

Enjoy your new beast man :)

With rumors stating the next Nexus may feature a Snapdragon 810, the 2014 Nexus 6 is makes more sense.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

12. mclld macrumors 68000

Lol

He might as well go full on MRU and just buy them all

13. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

That's my issue with the N6 as well, it's really thick and just makes for a huge lump in your pocket.