Return this 23" ACD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ghettochild, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ghettochild macrumors regular

I hope this post isn't too odd. I bought a 23" ACD last week. The screen is flawless, no dead or stuck pixels. Yesterday, however, I noticed a gap on the right bottom side of the display (aluminum casing). There is no such gap on the left side.

Would you guys return the display? Keep in mind that the screen is flawless. I'm somewhat worried that- provided Apple exchanges this display for a new one- I might get one with dead pixels.

Your thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

If that doesnt bug you and it does not affect performance or function than I would just see if you can get a small refund. Or of course just live with it. I know if you bought that from our shop we would offer you some money back first if you wanted it.

Kevin :apple:

3. brandonk macrumors newbie

I have a 3 year old 23" ACD with the exact same gap. I have had no problems with it. Since the gap remains in models 3 years later, it may be very common.

4. iMouseHD macrumors regular

Edited to reflect the fact that I checked my 20 when I got home and I have the same gap, I wont be retrning it as I did not even notice it till this thread.

I agree if it bothers you by all means be happy with your purchase and get another one.

No not everything is flawless but at this price point you need to be happy with it.

5. kolax macrumors G3

There is no such thing as a flawless product.

It is impossible. There is always something going to out of place or not quite right - my MBP's case at the top right has a very small gap that the left side doesn't. I don't care, it works fine, I don't even notice it.

I'd say stop being so anal about it and love your product. You can't even see it unless you look closely, christ!

I sometimes have to deal with customer complaints at work and it's things like that that I just laugh at - seriously someone returning something because there is a 2mm gap that you can barely see?!

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I had this happen with a 20" because it was within 14 days Apple allowed me to get a new monitor instead of a refurb... I don't see this effecting performance though it might effect things that go in the monitor.

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Are you crazy?! Don't return it! It's hard enough to get a 23" with flawless picture! Wanna trade? Mine doesn't have any external imperfections. :D ;)