Return to AT&T, no restocking fee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loves2spoon, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

One of my family members bought the iPhone from an AT&T store on June 29th. They now want a white iPhone, is there a charge to return or do you get a full refund within 30 days?

Thank you

2. agoat macrumors regular

I called up ATT just an hour ago. Yes, there is restocking fee. Not sure if this change with today press conference.

3. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

My iPhone 4's are on the way back to AT&T. They told me I wouldn't have to pay restocking fees because I had problems with the phone. I had bluetooth and proximity sensor issues.

Now if you are wanting a different color, I would assume you would have to pay a restocking fee.

4. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

I was told at local ATT store an hour ago (two hours after the press conference) that ATT would charge restocking fee if I returned the phone. I did not order the phone ...:(

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Apple just announced this, so I'm sure it will take some time for this to filter to AT&T. There won't be a restocking fee. Even if AT&T wanted to charge it, either Apple would pay it or Apple would convince them not to. Purely my opinion, but if you wait a few days, I'm sure you'll find there's no fee.

6. California King macrumors 65816

Steve Jobs said "full refund," now does this include refund from AT&T for the 3 weeks of use? Or is it just a full refund on the phone?