Return to homescreen after setting timer with Siri?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by johannnn, Sep 26, 2015.

1. johannnn macrumors 6502a

johannnn

After setting a timer with Siri (e.g. "set timer 20 minutes"), it stays in the timer app and any unintentional touch on the screen will probably cancel the timer. Is it possible to have it return to the homescreen instead? I have the timer on my clockface anyway so I can see the time there.

2. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

If you put your hand down for a bit and let the screen turn off, it should return the clock face the next time you raise your wrist. My informal test just now suggests about 45 seconds to a minute is enough time to wait.

On mine, which I have set to return to the clock face upon wrist raise, it indeed returns to the clock, even if I invoked Siri from the screen of app icons. Did you want yours to return to the icon screen?

3. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Think of this a couple ways -- letting Siri work with less supervision, and how people usually read watches and timers.

I think, if I set a timer and kept looking at my watch (or stopwatch, or kitchen timer), I'm wanting to see if it's running, or reconsidering whether to change it to a different time. I wouldn't want the timer screen to disappear if I change my mind, then.

And, Apple has been giving Siri more hands-off capability. I've heard that we could tell it, "Hey Siri, text my wife that I'm coming home now," and even if I put my wrist down without doing anything more, it will send the text on its own. I tried it just now to send a text to myself, and doggone, it worked. For a timer, you can do pretty much the same thing.

4. johannnn thread starter macrumors 6502a

johannnn

Thanks. I had mine set up to return to the homescreen, but I didn't know you had to wait a while for it to activate. Indeed, if I wait just a few seconds it returns to the timer app, but if I wait longer it returns to the homescreen.