Return to music after playing video

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Canerican, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Canerican macrumors regular

Hi all, I've had my iPad since release day, but had one major frustration. When I play a YouTube video, my music turns off, this is fine. However, it's annoying that the music doesn't turn on again, and I can't figure out how to start it again except going into the iPod app. Does anyone know of a handy and quicker way to do this, preferably that doesn't involve me exiting whichever app that I'm in.

Thanks a lot!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can set double clicking home button to bring up iPod controls. Go into settings app, and look in General for "Home."

It doest work too well for me, since half the time I end up clicking too slowly and end up back at the home screen, but perhaps you'll have better luck learning to do the double click.

3. Robster606 macrumors newbie

Robster606

That's what I thought the solution would be, but after playing YouTube videos the iPod app has technically shut down and when I double tap the home button it just sends me home.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Really? Well, this kind of thing is why I jailbreak my iDevices, I have a command set to bring up the iPod controls no matter what.