Return to Standard Voicemail disable Visual Voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by velocityg4, Oct 7, 2013.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I finally updated my 3GS to iOS 6. Where I found I now have visual voicemail on T-Mobile. Whereas in iOS 5 and before when I clicked the voicemail button it would just call my voicemail box and I had to navigate via keypad.

This all seemed great until much to my surprise and chagrin I found out that visual voicemail was not delivering all my voicemails. I was getting some voicemail right away so I thought everything was fine. Until some voicemail that was two or three days old suddenly popped up.

I cannot trust an inconsistent system that will only throughput some voicemails but not others. Is it possible to disable visual voicemail and return to standard voicemail? Where it just notifies me via a red badge that there is voicemail, and I press the button to dial in, listen and navigate via the keypad.

I can't even find the network settings in iOS 6 were you program in carrier settings as you would in iOS 5. Disabling mobile data is not an option I need the e-mail.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Interesting that you bring this up and while this doesn't help, it looks like T-Mobile has issues with VV. VV works great for me but I am on VZW.

Here's a thread on it and although old, I question whether T-Mobile has fixed this yet.
    http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/38225?start=0&tstart=0

3. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Just to test I tried to disable data and found out they changed the name for network to cellular. So I went ahead and tried changing the APN and MMS settings to the old ones. In either case Visual Voicemail was still enabled. It would not default back to calling voicemail instead when I hit the voicemail button.

I'll see if I can go back to normal voicemail when the untethered jailbreak comes out for 6.1.3. Otherwise I'll have to go back to iOS 5. Luckily I saved my SHSH blobs.

4. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Switching from fast.t-mobile.com to epc.tmobile.com for the Data APN settings seems to have made visual voicemail more responsive. Only time will tell if this holds true.