Return with small scratch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by benlee, Sep 17, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I didn't think I had the screen problem until recently. I dont know if it just turned up or I was just looking for it. Obviously I dont want an defective unit. My question is I (my girlfriend rather) dropped it. There is a very very very small knick on the bottom corner. Probably would'nt notice it unless you examined it. Would it be a problem to return it. This issue obviously doesnt have anything to do with being dropped so they could'nt argue that (if they even noticed it)

What do you all think?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I could see them using it as an excuse to not service the product. Are you sure you have the issue?

3. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

well in another thread the Jay-Z picture looking at it straight on looks horrible. I have to tilt the ipod slightly to really see it like it should be. So I'm pretty sure I have the issue. Their warranty protects against manufacturers defects and this clearly is one. How much are they going to look over the ipod?

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i bought an iphone with a stuck pixel. before exchanging it for another, i dropped the phone on hard concrete. the corners and back were scratched pretty badly. the apple store accepted the exchange; they didn't even ask about the scratches. i suggest you don't mention it either.

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I dont think they are going to examine it very carefully you should give it a shot.

6. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

thanks guys. Its really not bad at all...I made an appointment for the genius bar on wednesday. Hope I dont have to live without an iPod touch for very long