Returned AT&T iPad for Verizon... Didn't cancel 4G service

Discussion in 'iPad' started by majordude, Mar 18, 2012.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Bought an AT&T on Friday. Paid $30 for 4G but it sucked. Took it back and got a Verizon. I wiped the iPad but didn't turn off the 4G.

The Apple guy said I am month to month but I think it could be reoccurring. Which is it?

If it rebills how do I stop it? Can I get a refund for 35 hours of service?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, I'd call AT&T since if it is anything like Verizon it will be recurring unless you cancel it.

4. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Calling AT&T now. If they had a help desk they would be Idiots (in comparison to Geniuses). The first guy told me to call Verizon! :rolleyes:

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

AT&T definitely recurs until you cancel. Should say so in the email they sent you when you signed up.

6. imeth macrumors regular

Love AT&T. Opened up opportunities for Verizon

7. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

You can manage and cancel your AT&T iPad account online.

I did the exact same thing, returned my AT&T 4G iPad for the Verizon. AT&T was running at .7mbps here, Verizon is 12~19mbps

8. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This happened to me. I called AT&T and since it's prepaid, and when you agreed to it at the time of purchase, you can't get a refund. Remember it said "you will be charged immediately." It would be different if the account was postpaid. In any case, you're just going to have to consider that $30 as a loss and be more decisive in the future. I had to go through several AT&T reps and since it wasn't attached to my account, they couldn't "find" it. I provided them the number I was assigned and unfortunately the dept is closed on weekends. I was antsy and couldn't wait until Monday.

I read around and it seemed like the only to cancel the service was from the device itself. I even called the Apple Store and ask them if they can grab the device I returned and do it for me, if I provide my username and pw. Or if I can go back and do it myself. They said they/I couldn't and I had to go through AT&T. So, browsing through att.com/ipad website, I noticed that I could log in to my account similar to the one I could through the iPad. It also had the same options of changing billing, plans, etc. And, thankfully an option to cancel plan to prevent future/recurring charges after this prepaid month.

Here is the website, log on with the username/pw that you would use if you were on your iPad. https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/

9. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Same thing! I am sooo happy I exchanged it!

10. brand macrumors 601

brand

Both

11. jschu22 macrumors regular

Eff. Ing. Awesome! Thank you for this, so much easier than what I was anticipating before I read this thread.