Returned gold, maybe an open box up for grabs at best Buy (Austin area)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thadoggfather, Apr 24, 2015.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

"hey man, I'm not trying to scam anybody here, I'm just..."

"you're just looking for a handout"

name the movie :D

anyways, gold open box maybe for sale at Best Buy in Austin at 290 and Mopac if you are interested and if an employee doesn't snatch it up or another eager customer, returned tonight (south store) in great shape, I just returned because I got SG

2. vanimal macrumors 6502a

It would probably take a day or two before their FRAUD tech wannabes "Geek Squad" look it over lol. I doubt they would just sell it right away. But again, with Best Buy you never do know lol.

And if anyone works for "geek squad" don't take it the wrong way. Its just my Best Buy houses a bunch of jokers lol.

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Hey, can you move to Seattle and do that again?

5. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Have you tried going into the store and checking, and they can do a local stock check to other BB's? They must have magic computers in the back by the computers compared to at the front desk. My BB down the street didn't have any, but they had a few at a BB 40 mins away when he looked on the computer. It seems calling gets you nowhere for these lol.

You could even pay for it at that BB and go pick it up so you were guaranteed to get it.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Returned gold, maybe an open box up for grabs at best Buy (Austin area)

Not gonna mention the slightly different colour to the screen compared to the one you're keeping? Feels like you should either mention it if you're gonna be honest or take it back to Apple if you're worried mentioning it might affect its sale.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Hey, man, that gold Macbook really tied the room together....

8. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

I mean I'm not personally selling the machine privately, Best Buy presumably is since I've returned it.. unless an employee snatches it up. You can play with an open box before determining if you want it too to see if its to your liking.

I didn't return it for that reason specifically, I returned it because I wanted a SG.

The screen is indeed on the red tint side though, for people who are sensitive to screens:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1871736

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Oh then it's fine since whoever picks it up can get it replaced by them since he's getting it directly from them.

10. thadoggfather, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

hah, well played sir.

[​IMG]

They have a nice apple area redesigned and gold and SG next to each other so you can compare to see if one is more your thing than the other,

And that infamous pink glow on rMBP apple logo :D

11. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

you only get 10% off for an open box and they won't combine any other coupons like the usps mover. open boxes are only a great deal if the product has been sitting around for months and then maybe 20 percent off.

12. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Yup which sucks. I tried using a 10% movers on a MBPR in the past and you can't on open box. So it's essentially the same price new with a movers coupon. Just FYI

13. Nicky G macrumors 6502a

Nicky G

14. newellj macrumors 601

You can use the movers coupon on open box. I've done it.

15. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

And if its not marked up 5% because its "Geeksquad Certified". What a scam that is.

16. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately not at my Best Buy, i have tried NUMEROUS times with different sales people etc. I have heard some people getting it to work. Lucky them.

17. newellj macrumors 601

It works around here. Best Buy seems to have very inconsistent coupon policies. For example, the ability to stack coupons seems to vary a great deal.