Returned Ipad after 2 week window

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nads786, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Nads786 macrumors member

So I, like everyone else was really excited for the iPad 2 release. I waited in line for 3 hours and was so happy when I got one. But after the novelty weared off I realized I really didn't need it. It was hard to find a use for it and I preferred to be on my Macbook. Also once I ran out of apps I really wanted I realized it really is just a large iPod touch.

Thoughts?

2. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

You've spent no time reading these forums before you posted, have you?

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sounds like it wasn't for you
    It isn't a device that fits everyone's needs
    No shame in that, return it and move on

I love mine and wouldn't want to do without it
    And I have a MBP and an iPhone 4

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

The "huge iPod touch" thing was so last year.

5. Nads786 thread starter macrumors member

I have been on these forums quite a bit leading up to the release. I definitely think some people will love it, and others it just won't be worth the overlap of.

Also I never got a good feel for being able to hold it in the right way.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Be wary of the inflammatory "just an iPod touch" comment as it tends to show ignorance of the things the larger screen allows. One example, I challenge anyone to effectively read, highlight, and annotate PDF case studies and textbook excerpts on an iPod touch. :)

Granted, an iPad isn't for everyone, but for some tasks it has no equal. If those aren't things you need to do, then it is understandable that you might not "get it".

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well yes, it is a big iPod touch. That's exactly why I bought mine, because I wanted a larger iPod touch. Statements like this always makes me wonder, what exaclty did you expect it will be? :confused:

8. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Actually what I meant was that some people might not take kindly to some of your comments, plus there are probably plenty of other threads saying similar things. Everyone seems to be playing nice so far, though.:)

9. ravenas macrumors regular

Ironic thing for me is that I bought my iPad1 first. Then got so tired of lugging the extra weight around everywhere I bought an iPod Touch 4th gen.

Sometimes it is nice having something pocketable to take with you and other times you appreciate the bigger screen.

I was toying with a 7" Galaxy Tab today. That actually felt good in my hands. A mixture of pocketable yet tablet size.

I do tend to use my laptops longer when at the home office. Having the full keyboard and all my accessory ports & storage makes it far easier to produce things. But when I'm places opening a laptop is too cumbersome, a tablet is a more natural device to use.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind after a couple weeks. It took me 3 months to decide it was worth shelling out the money to bring the original home. And even then I wasn't sure it was something I'd use regularly.

I bet many folks will be so caught up in the tablet craze this year they'll bring new toys home and return them later.

Just a word to the wise, if "it's just a large iPod Touch" was so 2010 then I guess "iPad is just an underpowered Android/WebOS/Rim tablet" will be 2011.

10. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Why post in the iPad section if you no longer have an iPad? :rolleyes:

11. Send72nj macrumors newbie

iPad is a big ipodtouch

Steve jobs admitted apple made a tablet similar to iPad......wait for it........Before they made it for a phone!!!!!!
    iPad is a bigger ipodtouch.......your kidding?

12. triplecore1 macrumors member

The apps make the difference. My parents told me the iPad was a waste of money too. Till they started playing with it once. And used my apps like kindle, iAnnotoate, being a able to browse the web in the car and not on a tiny blackberry, yelp with huge pictures of foods. Plus mom will always like FaceTime... There hooked parents got iPad now. Mom got a iPad 2 and dad got a refurbished iPad 1 from apple. Doesn't plan on FaceTime with us or his friends.

13. hcho3 macrumors 68030

You might want to watch what you say here...
    If it doesn't work out for you, then fine. But, you need it to end it there. If you go on more and say like, "iPad is just another big ipod touch" then you are really making a lot of people unhappy. There are a lot of people who still don't have iPad 2 yet.

Also, that statement is really false. iPad 2 is not just another big ipod touch.

14. advan031 macrumors 6502

thoughts on what? You already returned it...haha

15. laurenr macrumors 6502a

None. My brain cannot compute your words.:eek:

16. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

OP..u did the right thing..not for you? just return it

17. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Are you serious? You went through all the trouble of signing up here on MacRumors and writing a brand new thread to solely to say "the iPad is a big iPod touch?"

BA hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

18. UCBruins macrumors member

Oh come on....:eek: Watch what you say?? This guy isn't offending people. If his comments make you 'unhappy' you need to get a life.:rolleyes:

19. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I thought it was 30 days to return?? I returned mine already as it just wasn't for me.

20. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

how true

21. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Agreed

22. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I completely agree. The iPad is not for everyone. For me I use it more then my MacBook Pro. There is so much more then "apps" on it. I don't really think you can explore everything in 2 weeks. I had the original iPad and now the iPad 2 and I learn new thing everyday and everyday it amazes me more!

However, I guess it's not for everyone :rolleyes: