Returned iPhone 4 Now Regretting it Anyone do the same

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

So I had many issues

Prox Sensor
    Bars
    No Service
    Locking up when trying to close Apps

Went back to my 3GS which is a perfect phone, but after dealing with the iPhone 4's Retina display and speed, I am now starting to wonder if I could have just dealt with the issues for a while :rolleyes:

So now I have to wait another day or so for my upgrade eligability to be available and order another one, maybe the newer ones from Apple have been corrected, who knows but it wasn't so bad now that I am back on my slower 3GS which works, just not as smooth and fast. :rolleyes:

2. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

3. kolax macrumors G3

The retina display is something I think a lot of people couldn't live without now. When I use my friend's previous gens of iPhone, I feel like I should be wearing glasses.. the display is just so fuzzy. How I used my 3G for 2 years is beyond me now..

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Give it more time. Your eyes will adjust and it'll get clearer over time.

I experience this same thing moving between the crappy NAV display in my Toyota and the crystal clear display in my wife's Lexus.

5. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Well considering your sarcasm, which I really do not need here in this forum, If you read the post you would understand.

6. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I returned mine last week. It didn't really have the proximity sensor issue, but it did have significant reception issues. Outside of that, it was a great device.

I'm glad I took it back, but I do plan on re-purchasing in the future to see if I have better luck with a more recent production model. I'd rather take it back (especially since they waived the restocking fee) and buy a new one down the road than to do a warranty replacement and risk getting a refurb.

I do feel like I have gone back in time going to my Blackberry, but I'm confident I made the right decision in taking it back.

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

You are just picky customer! You are the one who decided to return, so live with it. TOO BAD!

8. yankintx macrumors 6502

Gimme a break! The previous display was good, and now we all need glasses to see it?

Simply laughable....

9. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I agree 100% with this statement, however looking at my 3GS not Blackberry I feel like it is a much bigger step back, also the speed, however I agree and prefer to wait.

10. kolax macrumors G3

You obviously didn't understand what I meant at all. :rolleyes:

11. alhedges macrumors 6502

Black and white TV was completely acceptable to everyone. Until color came out...

Once you've gotten used to better displays, it's hard to go back.

12. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Pretty much.

13. texasipod macrumors newbie

I returned my 4 and went with a 3gs/ I, too, wonder if I made a mistake. I think its all about setting criteria. The list of features and improvements on the 4 are impressive, but it is horrible as a phone (reception and proximity sensor). The 3gs is somewhat slower and doesn;t have the facetime, dual cameras, 720p video, etc; but, it is a great phone that allows me to easily check my emails and the internet. I have an ipad, so I can do some extra stuff there. I am thinking of going back to the 4, if not but for the new apps that are compatible with the technologies in the 4. I just wish they would get the phone part of the iphone4 fixed.

14. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I finally decided to return my iPhone 4 as well on the very last day I could. I had had so many dropped calls and garbled conversations that I feel like I had to at least give another phone a try. One thing I will say is that the Applestore was very gracious about the return.

I'm on the trial period with a Sprint EVO so I guess I'll see how that goes. I may go back to the iPhone 4, but I've only had this one for a few days.

15. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I have had no regrets returning my 4 and using my jailbroken 3GS. The deathgrip negatives far outweigh any benefits the screen and camera gave. The screen was a little fuzzy at first, but now I don't really notice it.

16. PhoneI macrumors 65816

You can always just repurchase the iPhone 4 and use a case (apple will buy one for you).

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I can kill the signal even in a bumper so really no regrets here.

18. yankintx macrumors 6502

I think we all understood what you were saying..:)

19. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I don't think my i4 is horrible as a phone at all. I have yet to have a dropped call, and my proximity sensor has not once caused my phone to end a call, put someone on hold, or whatever people claim is happening. And that minor issue apparently will be resolved in the next software update. Its a shame you have to convince yourself that the i4 is a poor phone simply because you made a mistake and returned it. This phone is fantastic.

20. WilliamG macrumors G3

Dude!! Your sig freaked me out with the red pixel. Remove it!

21. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

I returned my iPhone 4 has week and have no regrets. My 3GS is working just great. I am going to wait and see what happens after September 30th. Once I got my 3G iPad I found myself not using my iPhone nearly as much. My iPad gets used for everything except making phone calls. So to be honest I am not missing the iPhone 4 at all.

22. tivoboy macrumors 68030

yes and no.

I finally returned the iphone 4, for one (that really manifested itself into TWO) reasons,

reception was great but I dropped 500% more calls than with my 3gs in the same areas. That was not acceptable to me. I did this with a case on as well.

Second, the reception impacted data throughput when traveling in a car or train and that too wasn't acceptable to me.

I COULD have had a really bad phone, but it shouldn't have been that way. I'll reassess in the future. (i'm FAIRLY certain we'll get a v 1.1 in the next few months - silently and slowly)

I miss the speed, the screen, the 5mp photos, the flash, the HD video and the ios4, and of course the battery life.

I don't miss the FORM FACTOR, the garbled sound quality, the bluetooth drop outs and of course the noted reception issues.

But, as I said, I'll certainly come back to it probably before the end of the year.

23. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

It's interesting how people have such different experiences with the same phone (well, same model I mean).

My iP4 is way, way better in terms of holding on to a useable signal than my 3G or 3GS ever were. And while I can make it drop a bar while giving it the grip-O'-death without a case, my ultra thin Incipico Feather case (which I would have bought anyway) stops all grip-induced signal attenuation. And even without a case, it hasn't yet dropped a call; my 3GS would drop calls daily. And the battery life is literally twice that as I got with the 3GS even (even when it was brand new).

Anyway, I'm quite satisfied with mine. Not at all saying people with problems don't have said problems, but just adding a story of satisfaction to the negative ones...

24. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Only in an Apple forum do users insult each other. How mature.

Then it's these very same people that attack anyone that's not an Apple lemming.

25. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

I feel for ya with the return. I had to mail mine out and waited for the last possible day to do so. I was having some reception issues but had not yet tried a case (didnt feel like I should have to).

Anyways, As soon as I got home, I regretted my decision. I think I may purchase again as soon as I get my eligibility back. Its sad I know, I just really miss that camera and screen!