Returned iPhone, waiting for refund check help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockyroad55, May 8, 2011.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I returned my iPhone 4 last week and they refunded me $250 with the rest coming in by check. Now, I lost the return receipt they gave me and I am worried what would happen if I never received this check.

I still have the original purchase receipt of the iPhone and was wondering if they could check the serial number from that or do something. I paid by cash in the first place. I also gave the store I returned the iPhone to my name and address to send the check to so would this help?

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I wonder why they wouldn't give you all your money back upfront?

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

A lot of stores won't refund over $250 of a cash purchase in-store. Sometimes if you use a pin-debit transaction as well, you have to wait for a check with the remaining amount.

OP - which store was this from? If it's Best Buy or one of the "big-names", it's computerized and nearly automatic, so you should be fine. Apple too I'm sure would be automatic as well.

4. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

This was done in an Apple store. If the check doesn't come in, how would they look me up on their records? Also, this was only last wednesday, so this is just a precaution for me.

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I'm sure when you first purchased the phone they will have a record of your address, name etc.
    So when you returned it the serial number will be scanned as returned and will correlate with the original purchase (i think).

So if they ask you to produce the receipt and you lost it i'm sure your name, address etc will be enough to prove you made the purchase and then returned it :)

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you have the orig receipt, they can use that transaction number to pull up everything.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

give it time to process ... I would not worry

8. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Original receipt as in the purchase receipt not the return receipt right?

Also, I purchased the phone in a different state than where I returned it, but it shouldn't be an issue since Apple is one company connected right?

I apologize if I am bothering because this is my first time having Apple refund me in this way (I usually use a debit card but it slipped my mind this time)

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Right, the original receipt. It has the original transaction number and the serial number of your iPhone, both of which they can use to track the entire transaction, inc. the refund. (Unless they've really made it worse since I worked there!) :)

10. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I see now, thanks. But it hasn't been a week yet so maybe I'm just overreacting to nothing.

11. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Don't worry, Apple is one of the best when it comes to billing and refunds. Just remember they are busy and may take an extra few days. Yet that said it's not likely, I've had great experiences with them.

12. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Refunds take 7-10 days so it should be here from yesterday to Saturday. Hopefully, it will come this week. If not, should I worry?

13. ZipZap macrumors 601

Sure...pay cash, get a check back after waiting 2 weeks. Lets not forget the check will have to clear (~5 days).

I would get a visa/mc debit card and save yourself from this hassle.

14. iFiend macrumors 65816

You didn't by chance ask Apple to email you the receipt, did you? I always do and most of the time I forget :)

15. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I only have the original purchase receipt. I hope they could pull up return info if they just checked the serial of the iPhone.

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I think you are already worrying. Give it till next week and then inquire.

Relax
    :eek:

17. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

It came today Stealth, you were correct, I was too paranoid haha