Well after debating the idea for a few days I've decided to return my MBP 15. I bought it the first week of September. The reason for return is that this was the 2nd replacement computer in 10 days and I was still having issues with the track pad. The apple care rep candidly told me that it would probably be in my best interest to just return the MBP, get a refund, and then buy a new one instead of getting a "replacement" through the apple care department. When I heard speculations that there might be a processor bump in the next few weeks I went ahead and initiated the return process. So I'll wait a couple more weeks before buying a MBP15 to see if there's a speed bump. But if there's no announcement by mid October I'll be happy with the same model purchased earlier... as long as the trackpad works flawlessly.