Returned my 2011 Macbook Pro 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by disarticulate, Sep 19, 2011.

1. disarticulate macrumors regular

Well after debating the idea for a few days I've decided to return my MBP 15. I bought it the first week of September.

The reason for return is that this was the 2nd replacement computer in 10 days and I was still having issues with the track pad. The apple care rep candidly told me that it would probably be in my best interest to just return the MBP, get a refund, and then buy a new one instead of getting a "replacement" through the apple care department.

When I heard speculations that there might be a processor bump in the next few weeks I went ahead and initiated the return process. So I'll wait a couple more weeks before buying a MBP15 to see if there's a speed bump. But if there's no announcement by mid October I'll be happy with the same model purchased earlier... as long as the trackpad works flawlessly.

2. samcolson4 macrumors member

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You might as well just rebuy now. The mid refresh spec bump is never attractive. Last year it was an insignificant bump from a 2.66 Ghz i7 to a 2.8 GHz i7 for $200 dollars more. Hardly worth it in my opinion.

4. disarticulate thread starter macrumors regular

I some what agree. The return is scheduled to be delivered 9/21, and I'm not sure how long they'll take to refund my barclaycard. Maybe by the time they issue the refund there will be an announcement or at least a credible leak to help me better decide.

5. Alexjones macrumors 6502

I returned my Macbook pro and my Barclays card was refunded within days. I then reordered it . They shipped me a brand spanking new one and i am very happy. Lion is getting better every day. Apple is in business to make people happy. Their stock price shows it. Best company and product ever.

6. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Well, you get the appearance of "best".

I prefer Macs over Windows PCs - due to OS X, but looking around on the forums here and elsewhere online, I cannot call them "best" and keep a straight face.

Given the number of overheating Macbooks, iMacs with yellowing screens, and working conditions at the Foxconn factories, I simply cannot agree with your belief.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/governmen...ourcing-to-even-cheaper-chinese-peasants/9537

http://www.pcworld.com/article/1973...ty_nets_may_raise_pay_after_12th_suicide.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/chin...holds-creepy-anti-suicide-rally-2010-8?slop=1

Foxconn builds electronics devices for many companies, but that includes Apple and there's no sign that Apple will move to a more ethical firm.

http://www.circuitsassembly.com/cms/news/11599-foxconn-no-change-to-apple-relationship

If you were one of the laborers, I doubt you'd call them 'best' either.

Sorry for the tangent.

7. disarticulate thread starter macrumors regular

I totally agree. I wasn't even aware that returns were allowed without a restocking fee, until the apple rep told me to return it for a refund instead of getting a replacement. I definitely admired his candid advice.

8. Alexjones macrumors 6502

They just want you to be happy. Thats what its all about.

9. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I have not had any of the issues you have mentioned about the 2011 MBPs.

You are correct about Foxconn. Every other manufacturer has their computer systems built int the land of OZ. :rolleyes:

Actually, Foxconn workers have it much better than other industries. Try reading up on child slave labor here.

Foxconn is amazing compared to these other working conditions.

Thanks for the useless tangent though...

-P

10. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Oh yeah new CPU came out from SB couple weeks ago huh.

11. hkim1983 macrumors 6502

Ok.

12. espiritujo macrumors member

espiritujo

Thanks for sharing. I guess sometimes people make bad decisions