iPhone XS Max Returned my iPhone Xs Max...

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Returned my Space Gray for a Gold lol. I didn't even take the Space Gray one out of its packaging.

My friend got his early this morning before I got mine... and the color is stunning. The Gold is a spectacular color when you see it in real life.
I did the same. Mainly cause when I preordered. I regretted not getting the gold color.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I debated gold and silver while in line... and was gonna play it safe and go with silver but they only had gold for both the watch and phone so it made my choice for me... and I’m happy with it!

Reactions: MsRandall

DexBell

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2016
Returned my Space Gray for a Gold lol. I didn't even take the Space Gray one out of its packaging.

My friend got his early this morning before I got mine... and the color is stunning. The Gold is a spectacular color when you see it in real life.
I was on Verizon's website the second it went on sale and ordered a SG Max. Watched more videos on YT the following day, regretted it, canceled my order and got a gold. Have to wait until its delivered on Tuesday rather than having it today but at least it will be the color I want.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I had a silver Xs ordered and when I got the store I got a max gold.

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2018

Gold is great if you are going with no case but what I found last time I got gold (8 Plus) that case options were quite limited and I got tired of the gold quite quickly. Ended up changing to a Product Red which I use with no case and when I upgrade will be going with SG next so my case options are far more expanded.

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
Ok, SG may be more boring, but it's safer. Black or SG are easy. Gold .....there's some pink in there?

Yikes :D

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I've never had a gold phone before. Always seemed tacky to me, or too effeminate. This time I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. Coming from a history of only owning slate/space gray/black, my gold Max is beautiful.

Such a shame I keep it in a case!

Reactions: GrumpyMom

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I've never had a gold phone before. Always seemed tacky to me, or too effeminate. This time I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. Coming from a history of only owning slate/space gray/black, my gold Max is beautiful.

Such a shame I keep it in a case!
Ya that’s why I find it kinda weird people care so much about the color if they will never see it. But you like what you like and ur paying a lot so make ur self happy..

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Ya that’s why I find it kinda weird people care so much about the color if they will never see it. But you like what you like and ur paying a lot so make ur self happy..
Same goes for anything in the vacuous 'fashion' industry. Nobody knows, and nobody cares. The labels are turned inward. But if it makes you feel better paying an obscene amount so you can feel you're in the club, go for it. More fool you.

In this case, paying more does actually get you something. But to cover it all up with a case, it has to be for you, as well it should be.

macrumors Demi-God
Oct 2, 2016
Yet here I am waiting for my phone to arrive since I knew exactly about my purchase and there are people already sending theirs back with less than 24 hours...

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Gold is great if you are going with no case but what I found last time I got gold (8 Plus) that case options were quite limited and I got tired of the gold quite quickly. Ended up changing to a Product Red which I use with no case and when I upgrade will be going with SG next so my case options are far more expanded.
Or if you go with a clear case.

Me, I prefer the stealth look of space gray.

Reactions: 1136629

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
I think the way the light hits a caseless space grey's steel band is beautiful. I kinda wish the back glass was black though.

Reactions: 19callum93

19callum93

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012

I have the SG Max, I’ve opened it and currently using it. But I so regret it. Reckon I can return within the 14 day period and swap for the gold? I’m really not satisfied.

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2018
Yup, pack it up and return it if you are not satisfied. You are investing alot of money for the phone, important you are happy with it. Though, I'm not a fan of that gold. You may return, exchange and a few months done the road wish you hadn't lol. I look the gold frame but not the shade on the back at all.
I have the SG Max, I’ve opened it and currently using it. But I so regret it. Reckon I can return within the 14 day period and swap for the gold? I’m really not satisfied.

firewire9000

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
Totally agree, in person the color really pops up. I can assure you that if the silver one didn’t exist, I would buy the gold one for sure.

smallnshort247

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
I got my iPhone X in space gray last year and it held up so well without a case. The wear and tear on it was super minor. I know the Silver showed a lot of scuffs on the sides but I’m curious to see how the Gold will hold up over time. Anywho, I went w/ space gray again for the XS Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.