iPhone XS Max Returned my iPhone Xs Max...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kungxpao, Sep 21, 2018.

1. kungxpao macrumors 6502

kungxpao

Returned my Space Gray for a Gold lol. I didn't even take the Space Gray one out of its packaging.

My friend got his early this morning before I got mine... and the color is stunning. The Gold is a spectacular color when you see it in real life.

2. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

I did the same. Mainly cause when I preordered. I regretted not getting the gold color.

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I debated gold and silver while in line... and was gonna play it safe and go with silver but they only had gold for both the watch and phone so it made my choice for me... and I’m happy with it!

4. DexBell macrumors member

I was on Verizon's website the second it went on sale and ordered a SG Max. Watched more videos on YT the following day, regretted it, canceled my order and got a gold. Have to wait until its delivered on Tuesday rather than having it today but at least it will be the color I want.

5. tl01 macrumors 68020

I had a silver Xs ordered and when I got the store I got a max gold.

6. kargurin macrumors 6502

kargurin

I decided to keep my.....hold on while I peel back the cover....oh yeah space gray. Can’t see the dang color with the case on.

7. 1136629 macrumors member

Gold is great if you are going with no case but what I found last time I got gold (8 Plus) that case options were quite limited and I got tired of the gold quite quickly. Ended up changing to a Product Red which I use with no case and when I upgrade will be going with SG next so my case options are far more expanded.

8. Macalway macrumors 68030

Ok, SG may be more boring, but it's safer. Black or SG are easy. Gold .....there's some pink in there?

Yikes :D

9. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

Woo, I am 6’3 240 and I drive a CMax.....Do I get looks, sure but then i stand up and they look away! Lol

10. Macalway macrumors 68030

So you replied to the post I edited (with the car? ) strange timing :D

11. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

Bahah I was wondering where the hell it went..

12. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

I've never had a gold phone before. Always seemed tacky to me, or too effeminate. This time I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. Coming from a history of only owning slate/space gray/black, my gold Max is beautiful.

Such a shame I keep it in a case!

13. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

Ya that’s why I find it kinda weird people care so much about the color if they will never see it. But you like what you like and ur paying a lot so make ur self happy..

14. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

Same goes for anything in the vacuous 'fashion' industry. Nobody knows, and nobody cares. The labels are turned inward. But if it makes you feel better paying an obscene amount so you can feel you're in the club, go for it. More fool you.

In this case, paying more does actually get you something. But to cover it all up with a case, it has to be for you, as well it should be.

15. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Yet here I am waiting for my phone to arrive since I knew exactly about my purchase and there are people already sending theirs back with less than 24 hours...

16. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

No there aren't.

17. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Or if you go with a clear case.

Me, I prefer the stealth look of space gray.

18. Lyrical macrumors regular

Gold is awful in my opinion. Also looks a bit more feminine for me. Space grey the way to go!

19. mashinhead macrumors 68030

I think the way the light hits a caseless space grey's steel band is beautiful. I kinda wish the back glass was black though.

20. Nhwhazup macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

I like the stealth look also. I cannot bring myself to go caseless and hate the clear TPU cases that look like the plastic on furniture in the 1950’s.

21. 19callum93 macrumors regular

19callum93

I have the SG Max, I’ve opened it and currently using it. But I so regret it. Reckon I can return within the 14 day period and swap for the gold? I’m really not satisfied.

22. 1136629 macrumors member

Yup, pack it up and return it if you are not satisfied. You are investing alot of money for the phone, important you are happy with it. Though, I'm not a fan of that gold. You may return, exchange and a few months done the road wish you hadn't lol. I look the gold frame but not the shade on the back at all.

23. firewire9000 macrumors 6502

Totally agree, in person the color really pops up. I can assure you that if the silver one didn’t exist, I would buy the gold one for sure.

24. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

I got my iPhone X in space gray last year and it held up so well without a case. The wear and tear on it was super minor. I know the Silver showed a lot of scuffs on the sides but I’m curious to see how the Gold will hold up over time. Anywho, I went w/ space gray again for the XS Max.