Returned my MacBook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kim6ball, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kim6ball macrumors member

I returned my MacBook after listening to the advice I got off this site. I didn't have to pay the restocking fee and I walked out of the store with $100 in my pocket. I lucked out.

2. Chozo macrumors member

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Sounds like she/he got the newer 2.26ghz 13" MBP....

4. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

My parents purchased 2 base model UMBs last week at Best Buy for my sister and me. When I found out about the updates, we went to exchange them for the newer machines since it was within the 14 day period.

I went to the Customer Support desk and waited in line. Then they told me I had to wait in the Geek Squad line. Once I was up there, they told me that I had to go with another Best Buy employee in the blue shirt so that they could grab the Laptops for me so that I could get the exchange, but obviously they couldn't find them since they had just shipped them to the store the day before. So the employee called the Apple Shop Representative on his personal phone since he wasn't in, but he couldn't get a hold of him. So the guy said I could just return the laptops and purchase the new ones when they arrived.

They also wanted me to pay the 15% restocking fee which would come out to $450 for the two computers. So I asked the employee in the blue shirt if I still had to pay the fee since I was going to end up paying more in the end, but he said I would since it was an open product and they have to sell open products at a discounted price. So I told him I would just like the UMBs back instead. He called the Geek Squad man, and he told me that he could waive the fee since I was going to buy the product at their store, so he waived it and gave me a gift card with the full amount I had spent on it.

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I have a Best Buy gift card with the credit on the two MacBooks, but they haven't received the shipment yet, so no, I don't have them.

And since the new MacBooks are $100 cheaper and I received store credit instead of cash, I'm going to buy one base model and spend $100 more for the 2.53 GHz model.

7. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Cool, glad it worked out for you. I have an interview at BestBuy tomorrow. :D

8. kim6ball thread starter macrumors member

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

One for him, one for his sister......