Returned Sprint 4S due to Data Speed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tarra3, Oct 19, 2011.

1. tarra3 macrumors newbie

I jumped over to Sprint for the cheaper bill and it's true, you get what you pay for. At work I had great signal (4 or 5 bars all the time) but the data speeds were horrid. The App Store was unusable, pages took forever to load, and Speed Test showed my download speed never making it higher then 0.3 Mbps. I drove right to the AT&T store after work to port my number over to them and order a new 4S. Sucks that I have to wait a couple weeks to get the device but oh well.

2. denness544 macrumors member

To return the Sprint iPhone all you have to do is return it at the store or ship it back? Btw, do u know if there is a restocking fee with Sprint?

3. xanderla25 macrumors newbie

I returned mine as well and am getting AT&T tomorrow, also because the data was so slow.
    You have to find a corporate store and they will take your online preorder back. They do charge a restocking fee of $35.00 and also part of your first bill.

4. Cdaddy112 macrumors member

I returned mine to sprint and didn't get charged anything, you better call customer service

5. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I did the same. I went back to AT&T. Sprint was not ready for the iPhone. The speeds were down right brutally ugly.

6. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

sprint

file under: things for poors

i hate that company

7. tarra3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just called Sprint Return Customer Service. They said just take it to the store and they will be able to take care of it.

I think this was less Sprint not being ready for it and more the fact that the Sprint 3G network is pretty much being neglected at this point by Sprint. They are busy rolling out the WiMAX to LTE conversion which won't be done for a few years. Plus most of their smart phones use their WiMAX 4G so those customers don't see the crappy 3G speed's 4S owners are seeing.

8. Mpaige2 macrumors member

9. DarkFlame macrumors regular

Just switched to at&t, just found out I have a 23% corporate discount so I actually only pay 70 a month. I told them that although I loved the service, I had to cancel and and reorder only when the correct model (16gb) became available because I couldnt afford the 32gb I bought just to test out service quality (voice/data) in my house/office.

The AT&T rep replied, so what's the difference? $100 bucks? He then credited me a 100 bucks and told me to enjoy the larger capacity. "100 bucks is nothing to keep a customer!"

In summary, for the same price (due to my discount):

Sprint: Terrible customer service and slow data. $3.00 cheaper, 7pm nights and unlimited data.

ATT: Excellent customer service and fast data. $3 dollars more expensive, 9pm nights and 2GB Cap.

Also maybe the fact that I will have to jailbreak to unlock the phone and not be able to do it normally.

10. dmusicman385 macrumors regular

my iPhone works well no complaints (work in NYC, live on LI)

11. ATaleOfFiction macrumors member

Hah! Well, that's good on them. Glad to see customer service stories like this.