iPhone XS Max Returned XS for XS Max, Anybody else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rockies, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Rockies macrumors 6502

Purchased XS and after 1 week returned it for XS Max. I wanted to like the XS, however Apple decided not to include "Zoomed" mode on XS. I find the text too small to read on internet pages on the XS unless the phone is really close. The bigger screen and "Zoomed " mode on XS Plus really helps with reading. Not sure why Apple did not include "Zoomed" mode on XS. XR model has "Zoomed" mode, however I prefer OLED screen and better camera.

2. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Nah you were the only one that went from Xs to Xs Max.

3. est1738 macrumors regular

Well...I went from X to Xs Max to Xr back to XsMax....

Sorta the same thing.

4. Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

Nope. Went straight to XS Max. Blown away by the display. Can’t put it down. Haven’t touched my iPad since I’ve had the Max. :D

5. Rockies thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. I travel a lot and would bring an Ipad with me when I had the iPhone X, now I can leave Ipad at home. Screen is phenomenal!

6. pixel_junkie macrumors 6502

pixel_junkie

I went Xs>Xs Max>Xs. To me, the Xs is the sweet spot.

7. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

I went the other way XsMax to Xs, after 6,7,8 Plus I need a break from huge phones. Watching HDR videos on Max is cool, IPad Pro still far better for me.

8. mpshah27 macrumors newbie

mpshah27

Went from X > XS Max > XS > XS Max > XS. One handed functionality and overall smaller form factor is important to me. Also realized the Max is not an iPad replacement when consuming media.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Agreed. While I love my MAX screen it is no iPad. Does what I need to do in the field but when I have an iPad available . . . . . There is no contest.

10. MyMacintosh macrumors 6502

MyMacintosh

I had a XS Max, returned it for XS for the 2 weeks, and back at the Max. Although its perfect for carrying around in pockets and such, couldn't get used to going back smaller screen wise. The trade off wasn't worth it to me.

11. ant the ninja macrumors 6502

ant the ninja

I went from X > XS Max > XS. I always used the plus sized phones prior to the X but the X/XS just fits so nicely in my hand, I found the Max to be too heavy to comfortably use with one hand, I'm sure if I gave it more than 2 days I would have gotten used to it but I went back and I'm happy with my decision! I still use a 7 Plus for my work phone so if i really wanted a bigger screen I can use that.